Starting a new character and a Gunzerker. Any tips?

#1ProcrastinaterPosted 2/25/2013 8:26:08 PM
Tried out both Axton and Maya. While fun, I thought I'd give Salvador a chance.

Also already have a level 50 Mechromancer, f***ed up my Playthrough 2.5 situation, so let's try this now. Just looking for any tips/advice as to which tree to go down or solid builds or anything.
---
Procrastinater - So Good
~*Board 8 Late Night Crew*~
#2JkickitPosted 2/25/2013 8:41:55 PM
How'd you eff up?
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#3Procrastinater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:55:22 PM
Did pretty much all the side quests before beating the Warrior because I didn't know exactly what "Playthrough 2.5" really was.

"whoops"
---
Procrastinater - So Good
~*Board 8 Late Night Crew*~
#4MrImpatient35Posted 2/25/2013 9:21:11 PM
I know MOST would disagree with me, but I don't like Gunzerking too much, so I focused most of my skill points into the left tree. The last skill in that tree is BEAST! Especially with a Baby Maker SMG. With the left tree, you can do MASSIVE DAMAGE, while not gunzerking.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#5Divided_By_OnePosted 2/25/2013 10:20:34 PM
I just finished my Gunzerkers first play-through (I have the other 4 characters at level 9, and I did solo it with him), and if you put points into the middle tree, you can be constantly regenerating health and ammo, while laughing like a lunatic. If you use a slow firing weapon like a shotgun or some pistols, ammo might even regenerate faster than you can spend it. Keep in mind though, if you have to pull the trigger for each shot, the last ability in that tree (Keep Firing...) won't work with that weapon.

The dual grenades (Double Your Fun) was definitely the 1 skill point I found most useful. Dual Caustic Transfusion (or incendiary, depending on the enemy), thrown as your shield breaks is usually enough to either keep you alive or bring you back.

I had a class mod that gave me extra Last Longer and Yippee-Ki-Yay, so, with I'm Ready Already and Get Some, by the time I hit the Eridium Blight, in any prolonged firefight, my next Gunzerking was usually ready before the current one even finished. Pity you couldn't activate it before it runs out, for that extra health it gives you.

I recommend having a Slag weapon as your secondary one; something you don't have to think about, like an SMG. It can even be a bit under-leveled, as long as it keeps them slagged, while your main weapon does the big damage.

If you have points in Filled To The Brim, you'll notice the extra ammo disappear when you use a vehicle.

I gave up on the idea of sniper rifles with him, but I did still keep a Missile Launcher for dealing with Constructors. I only equipped it long enough to kill them, and it would have been a pain in multiplayer, though. That and sniper rifles got in the way when Gunzerking, which is why I eventually ended up only using shotguns, SMGs, and full-auto pistols of various elements.

All in all, it was good fun. But then, and apparently unlike and1ballr, I prefer to use almost any characters' unique skill as much as possible. I can't say if he'd be more effective any other way, only that he was fun this way.
---
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
#6JkickitPosted 2/25/2013 10:36:40 PM
I'm confused. You can do all sidequests in the first playthrough but once you enter TVHM, if you do them then, thing get messed up or something?
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#7Divided_By_OnePosted 2/25/2013 10:53:21 PM
It's not that they get messed up; They just give you lower level rewards.

If you wait until 2.5 (get to the boss in TVHM) they level with you, so the rewards will be level 50 (or whatever level you are) instead of whatever level they usually were. Getting them early wastes the loot by making it obsolete.
---
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
#8KaBoom1322Posted 2/25/2013 10:53:48 PM
2 words,money shot.Got my zerker to 50 yesterday,he's a beast.
---
Currently playing:Borderlands 2,Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2.
#9EmperorBlackPosted 2/25/2013 11:04:59 PM
First points on a new Salvador should be in Brawn, at least in my opinion... that helps you survive early on. You can continue down Brawn and switch later or get started on Rampage after getting 5 on Hard to Kill and perhaps a few in Juggernaut....but that Rampage skill-tree is the star of the show... there's so much good stuff in there, and yeah... you could ditch any non-automatic guns due to the way "Keep Firing" works. It may also be good to put your last 3 points or so in the top right skill of Gun Lust once you hit level 50, for that extra bit of power on criticals. In terms of the gear, my top gun combo is a pair of SMGs (slag + corrisive E-tech), and the other combo is various things...currently a Fibber and some other random choice... usually this other pair is assault rifles. The rate of fire gets so crazy from Keep Firing, that you may need to actually give the SMGs a break for a little while and switch to the other combo while they regenerate.

haha, it will be tough going back to other characters, because Rampaging Sal is basically Godmode here. Ammo that magically replenishes itself out of nowhere, 2 grenades thrown for the price of 1, damage reduction all over the place, back to back action-skill usage, amazing health regeneration going on constantly, the list goes on and on.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#10F_GalikanokusPosted 2/26/2013 2:33:03 AM
Pretty much everything divided by one said except this line

"I gave up on the idea of sniper rifles with him"

Completely disagree with this, try using a Vladof sniper rifle with a high clip size paired with a slag weapon, you'll be doing insane amounts of damage.
---
"The next thing you'll want to do is ditch the terrier and get yourself a proper dog. Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are pointless."