4th Season Pass DLC will Not include level cap increase or playable character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. 4th Season Pass DLC will Not include level cap increase or playable character
3 years ago#1
There's been talk that might be the case, I think this is the first time it's been confirmed. We will be waiting even longer for a level cap and additional class. Quoted verbatim from Randy Pitchford on Twitter in reference to the 2 aforementioned features:

"We're working on new DLC for these things in addition the campaign DLC offered in the season pass"

I think they're dragging it out too long for the people who started right away. I just started playing this month, but I ran into the same thing with Claptrap's Revolution in BL1. Finally burnt out after Knoxx.

Edit: Links:
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/306268555987533824
https://www.examiner.com/article/borderlands-2-devs-have-now-started-work-on-new-dlc-to-increase-the-level-cap?cid=rss
3 years ago#2
Ffs

ATTN CASUALS: The game has been out less than six months.

Stop your whiny, entitled crying.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 76147
3 years ago#3
Yes, I'm so clearly whining and crying in that post. My cheerios are overflowing with tears.

It's weird to me to think that something I'll sink 100-120 hours into is something I will have played only casually. I guess compared to the folks that spend several hundred hours that's true, but it doesn't sound right in my head.
3 years ago#4
Ohno,we aren't getting a cap raise yet!?That's the worst thing ever.
---
Currently playing:Borderlands 2,Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2.
3 years ago#5
grunjmufn posted...
Yes, I'm so clearly whining and crying in that post. My cheerios are overflowing with tears.

It's weird to me to think that something I'll sink 100-120 hours into is something I will have played only casually. I guess compared to the folks that spend several hundred hours that's true, but it doesn't sound right in my head.

It doesn't sound right to you because you think 100-120 is a lot.

Imagine how many hours someone who still plays Super Mario Bros. have probably put into that game since it's initial launch. That game hasn't got a single bit of DLC. (Even though there are the multiple versions being released with better graphics for full retail price.)

I don't understand why in this generation we feel the developers owe us more stuff after we purchased the game. It's up to us to enjoy our purchase to the fullest and get our own replay value out of a game.

These game developers are not our employees. They are not working to give us an infinite stream of content updates for the one game we like with minimal or no cost.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
3 years ago#6
Most gamers are expectant bastards.
---
Currently playing:Borderlands 2,Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2.
3 years ago#7
KaBoom1322 posted...
Ohno,we aren't getting a cap raise yet!?That's the worst thing ever.

Seriously!

Seriously though, it seemed to me that the game had been out a lot longer than 3.5 months, probably because that whole time I was waiting to play it and it seemed like forever. 3 DLCs in 3.5 months is pretty darn good. I guess I was mostly just looking forward to burning straight through to 61 (or whatever) on my first playthrough(s). I imagine I'll dust BL2 off to try them when they get here. I'm guessing June.

Panopictonguy posted...

I don't understand why in this generation we feel the developers owe us more stuff after we purchased the game. It's up to us to enjoy our purchase to the fullest and get our own replay value out of a game.

I've been gaming for 27 years, and I'm guessing that's not the generation to which you are referring. The most I've ever put into any game is a bit over 300 hours. I'm at a point now where there are more games I want to play than I have time for. So I only play the ones I want to play the most, and the very best of those might get 120 hours of my life.

Plus - nowhere did I say I thought they owe us anything! I'm going to pay extra for it. And they've already said they were going to do it, else I wouldn't be expecting it.
3 years ago#8
Mario didnt have DLC because it couldnt. For the longest time...If you wanted new/more Mario, you got to wait for Mario 2.

That brings me to my next point, its a new generation. You can stop comparing the new and the old now. Its just how it is. With all things new and old.

So when they tell people to expect DLC, people expect it. Its not hard to grasp why someone might make a thread in the related game forum about them expecting something they heard about, even if they took it wrong or was told wrong.
3 years ago#9
xHuckleberry posted...
Mario didnt have DLC because it couldnt. For the longest time...If you wanted new/more Mario, you got to wait for Mario 2.

That brings me to my next point, its a new generation. You can stop comparing the new and the old now. Its just how it is. With all things new and old.

So when they tell people to expect DLC, people expect it. Its not hard to grasp why someone might make a thread in the related game forum about them expecting something they heard about, even if they took it wrong or was told wrong.

Perhaps not dlc, but mario had an expansion pack in the form of Galaxy 2.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
3 years ago#10
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
xHuckleberry posted...

Perhaps not dlc, but mario had an expansion pack in the form of Galaxy 2.

I was thinking more along the lines of older Mario games. You are talking about Super Mario Galaxy 2? Wii?
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. 4th Season Pass DLC will Not include level cap increase or playable character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived