Which game did you like the most overall Borderlands 1, or Borderlands 2?

#1thechaoticclownPosted 2/26/2013 2:35:37 AM
Same as topic title - Results (102 votes)
Borderlands 1
38.24% (39 votes)
Borderlands 2
61.76% (63 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally liked almost everything in Borderlands 1, more than in Borderlands 2.
#2xHuckleberryPosted 2/26/2013 2:50:47 AM
I really enjoy the mechanics of 1. But i enjoy actually seeing, and playing 2 more.
#3Steve0314Posted 2/26/2013 2:56:48 AM
I chose 2 cuz of the mechromancer [Honestly I lover her skill tree]... But in all honesty I loved the drop rates for loot better in 1 along with the overall feeling of the game. It was less about being a bad ass and more about becoming one... If you get that. I like the underdog story and #2 it was like you started as the hero where as in 1 you started as a regular person and became a hero... IDK if you get what I mean. I did every single mission [dlc's included] and rose every character to 69. The only thing I didnt like in #1 was the ending... Angel lied to us about the loot. =( That kinda made me mad.
---
GT: Steve0314
#4Azrael0206Posted 2/26/2013 2:58:58 AM
Steve0314 posted...
I chose 2 cuz of the mechromancer [Honestly I lover her skill tree]... But in all honesty I loved the drop rates for loot better in 1 along with the overall feeling of the game. It was less about being a bad ass and more about becoming one... If you get that. I like the underdog story and #2 it was like you started as the hero where as in 1 you started as a regular person and became a hero... IDK if you get what I mean. I did every single mission [dlc's included] and rose every character to 69. The only thing I didnt like in #1 was the ending... Angel lied to us about the loot. =( That kinda made me mad.

Dude spoilers
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#5Steve0314Posted 2/26/2013 3:02:23 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
Steve0314 posted...

Dude spoilers

FOR REAL??? I actually thought about putting it in a spoiler box and then I was like nahhh... Its been like 3 or 4 years now. hahaha. But I think your being sarcastic so.... meh... If not srry.
---
GT: Steve0314
#6innersmokePosted 2/26/2013 7:36:43 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
Steve0314 posted...

Dude spoilers

This is mentioned and referenced several times in BL2 come on man
---
GT- Innersmoke
#7MechOf17thPosted 2/26/2013 7:46:19 AM
To be quite honest I miss a lot of the bosses and weapons for BL1. I miss the masher pistols and eridiun weaponry. Guns with ammo regen' and what not.. it seems like weapons were just more creative in BL1.
---
"I need to build you an extra arm JUST for high-fives!"
#8ultimakewlPosted 2/26/2013 9:08:16 AM
theres a lot that 2 did better than 1
including but not limited to skill tree 'game changers' and 'cap stones', and the prevalence of the story

but i preferred the weapon selection of BL1
in 2 there is too much emphasis on manufacturers that it takes the uniqueness away from the guns
ie outside of snipers and launchers you cant have any single fire guns that arent jacobs, and you cant have any burst fire guns that arent dahl

and i definitely preferred the drop rates of 1
althought they were probably somewhat too high, but they are just ridiculously low in 2

also the lack of SDUs and the addition of multiple raid bosses with every DLC makes me feel like they arent really paying attention to what the players want this time around
---
im sure i could find more reasons to disregard everything you said as the incoherent ramblings of a 7 year old with no friends but i dont have the time
#9Lost_DjinnPosted 2/26/2013 10:58:22 AM
Overall I have to vote 2

I like the characters/skills more then the first, even though I miss my Siren :(.
The better variation in grenade mods and shields.
The writing in terms of narrative and the attention side quests were given was better in 2 imo.
Better enemy/level variation.

The only (admittedly big) thing I miss from the first is the albeit worse looking but overall better gun/loot system.
And I prefer the weapon prof, over BA rank. If only because you cant freely choose what to upgrade with the BA system.
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K