Did they ever actually add a reason to hit max level and get max level weapons?

#41Angrybird05Posted 2/27/2013 3:27:12 AM
"Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified. Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor."

So with an exceptional IQ of 133 and obviously being so liked and respected for being such a kick a** life coach and mentor shouldn't you be the one answering the questions instead of asking them genius?

BTW did you happen to invent the internet too??
#42bcon1208Posted 2/27/2013 5:39:14 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
After reading the TC's posts, I feel my IQ may have actually dropped. An IQ of 133 and has trouble constructing a proper paragraph with actual grammar.

Also, I'm fairly sure it's against ToS to falsely quote someone. This applies to Killbot and TC, but TC actually did it maliciously.

Yea I went through reporting every post TC made. And I have to agree with you, reading TC's responses here have made me go full on stupid..I need to go read a book or something...
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#43killbot357Posted 2/27/2013 6:59:31 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
Straying away from the incitement and extremely childish antics defending this game that would put Dark Souls fans to shame...

This game does indeed have a flawed and incomplete design. There really isn't much to do with these amazing guns once you get them. Why? Because to get most of them you need to have beaten the utmost difficult bosses by then. And then you have your ideal gear loadout, and what is there left? You've conquered every hill, and it won't ever have the same savor twice. So you're sitting with all this end game epic gear with not a thing to do that doesn't ring redundant.

You could go online and play with others, who will likely have the glitvhed/scrub gun of the month that one shots everyone. Or a hacked rifle that does billions of damage a second.

So in the end, you're left with nothing but knowing you have the best cannon in the game, but nothing to point it at. The DLC only bandaid the problem and do not salvage it.

I don't understand this argument. Every game with a leveling system has a level cap. Every game with gear has end-game gear. At a certain point, all equipment becomes obsolete in every game that has equipment.

There are several raid bosses that either require specific gear setups and/or strategies to defeat solo, or a team of 4 level 50 players. What could Gearbox add that would make playing past the endgame worthwhile? Infinite playthroughs? New game +? I really don't understand.

Speaking of which, the same problem applied to Dark Souls. Where's the endgame content there, besides perhaps restarting and using different builds to run through the same exact content?
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#44lalwtfPosted 2/27/2013 9:08:30 AM
No they didnt add any reason whatsoever to keep playing once you have been 50 for around 4-5 hours. By that time you will have what you need to be an absolute weapon of mass destruction without any challenge left in the game.

The lack of end game (HURR DURR RAID BOZZ) gives you basically no reason to keep on farming for anything, there is no new challenge that you need to gear up for in order to conquer it.

Keep in mind that i did get bored of this game before the bee shield nerf, so i did most my farming back then. Ive been sitting on all chars full legendary lvl 50 since sometime last year (no i dont dupe)

However i have also completed every single dlc, max gamerscore and all that jazz. But that is with no new farmed items, so basically what i got 6 months ago is the same crap you are farming now.
---
I like games
#45killbot357Posted 2/27/2013 10:10:56 AM
lalwtf posted...
No they didnt add any reason whatsoever to keep playing once you have been 50 for around 4-5 hours. By that time you will have what you need to be an absolute weapon of mass destruction without any challenge left in the game.

The lack of end game (HURR DURR RAID BOZZ) gives you basically no reason to keep on farming for anything, there is no new challenge that you need to gear up for in order to conquer it.

Keep in mind that i did get bored of this game before the bee shield nerf, so i did most my farming back then. Ive been sitting on all chars full legendary lvl 50 since sometime last year (no i dont dupe)

However i have also completed every single dlc, max gamerscore and all that jazz. But that is with no new farmed items, so basically what i got 6 months ago is the same crap you are farming now.

Basically what I'm hearing is "I got sick of this game after putting hundreds of hours into it, it sucks"
---
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#46megaddtdPosted 2/27/2013 10:22:16 AM
killbot357 posted...
lalwtf posted...

Basically what I'm hearing is "I got sick of this game after putting hundreds of hours into it, it sucks"

That's like the people who say Skyrim has nothing to do, then talk about their 300+ hour game save.

I figure that if I can even get 10 solid hours of enjoyment out of a game, that's money well spent.
#47killbot357Posted 2/27/2013 10:32:45 AM
megaddtd posted...
killbot357 posted...
lalwtf posted...

That's like the people who say Skyrim has nothing to do, then talk about their 300+ hour game save.

I figure that if I can even get 10 solid hours of enjoyment out of a game, that's money well spent.

Right. I also don't expect to play a game for 6 years. I've been playing BL2 since it came out, and that's pretty good for any game.
---
#48Knox_32Posted 2/27/2013 1:50:38 PM
Well if we are talking about things that can be done in games with leveling and loot to continue player interest at max level and loot, I would say look to the couriers mile from fallout new vegas. It and some of the other areas in the dlc were still extremely challenging even for a maxed out and fully equipped player.

I feel this game just needs some areas like that for maxed out characters. That way you could have a great time playing through these end game areas for the challenge and fun of fully utilizing the end game items.
---
Summoner Name - AceBadcat
Mains - Cho'Gath, Ziggs, Viktor, Nunu, and Ezreal
#49RinglercorpPosted 2/27/2013 2:07:48 PM(edited)
killbot357 posted...
lol who says OWNED anymore and means it

what are you, 14 and living in the year 2001?

At least TC didn't say "pwned".

That was so 2003. Or was it 2002? Probably around the time Xbox Live started? Pretty sure I first heard it when I played Halo 2 online. Ah college days. So much experimenting...
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#50Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/27/2013 2:01:15 PM
Knox_32 posted...
Well if we are talking about things that can be done in games with leveling and loot to continue player interest at max level and loot, I would say look to the couriers mile from fallout new vegas. It and some of the other areas in the dlc were still extremely challenging even for a maxed out and fully equipped player.

I feel this game just needs some areas like that for maxed out characters. That way you could have a great time playing through these end game areas for the challenge and fun of fully utilizing the end game items.

?

save sidequests and DLC for 2.5.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 76829