Did they ever actually add a reason to hit max level and get max level weapons?

#51Erik_PPosted 2/27/2013 2:13:38 PM
killbot357 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
killbot357 posted...
Did they ever actually add a reason to play video games at all?

Or is it still grinding on imaginary bosses for no reason?

Make sense next time.

Your original post implies there's no reason to continue playing the game once you hit the level cap. You also posted it in an inflammatory way, making it clear you don't really care for an answer, you just want to irritate people and get some attention (IE trolling)

My post is lambasting your post because continuing to play a game once you hit the level cap is as pointless as playing the game in the first place, and the only real reason to do so is because you enjoy it.

Unless you somehow think you'll be able to retire on the money Gearbox will pay you for playing Borderlands. Or that you'll meet the love of your life grinding Terra. Or that you'll figure out the reason you were born while running through The Fridge.

Does that make sense? Or what do you want? Paragon levels? More achievements?

Wow, you sure are one sensitive little girl.
---
Yippee ki yay Mr Falcon
#52Knox_32Posted 2/27/2013 2:50:47 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Knox_32 posted...
Well if we are talking about things that can be done in games with leveling and loot to continue player interest at max level and loot, I would say look to the couriers mile from fallout new vegas. It and some of the other areas in the dlc were still extremely challenging even for a maxed out and fully equipped player.

I feel this game just needs some areas like that for maxed out characters. That way you could have a great time playing through these end game areas for the challenge and fun of fully utilizing the end game items.

?

save sidequests and DLC for 2.5.

Fair enough, but from what I have seen there are not a whole lot of things that pose a viabl threat to maxed out players. That is what I meant by bringing up the courier's mile. I played it with a thoroughly planned out build and end game equipment and tons of chems and I still felt like I could die at any moment.
---
Summoner Name - AceBadcat
Mains - Cho'Gath, Ziggs, Viktor, Nunu, and Ezreal
#53Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:00:18 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Straying away from the incitement and extremely childish antics defending this game that would put Dark Souls fans to shame...

This game does indeed have a flawed and incomplete design. There really isn't much to do with these amazing guns once you get them. Why? Because to get most of them you need to have beaten the utmost difficult bosses by then. And then you have your ideal gear loadout, and what is there left? You've conquered every hill, and it won't ever have the same savor twice. So you're sitting with all this end game epic gear with not a thing to do that doesn't ring redundant.

You could go online and play with others, who will likely have the glitvhed/scrub gun of the month that one shots everyone. Or a hacked rifle that does billions of damage a second.

So in the end, you're left with nothing but knowing you have the best cannon in the game, but nothing to point it at. The DLC only bandaid the problem and do not salvage it.

Thanks for being the only person thus far thats mature enough to actually answer the question and I thank you for not being a frothing at the mouth fanboy.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#54Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:01:38 PM
Angrybird05 posted...
"Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified. Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor."

So with an exceptional IQ of 133 and obviously being so liked and respected for being such a kick a** life coach and mentor shouldn't you be the one answering the questions instead of asking them genius?

BTW did you happen to invent the internet too??

This response was soo bad it made me feel sorry for you and your attempt at wit.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
#55Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:02:20 PM
bcon1208 posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...
After reading the TC's posts, I feel my IQ may have actually dropped. An IQ of 133 and has trouble constructing a proper paragraph with actual grammar.

Also, I'm fairly sure it's against ToS to falsely quote someone. This applies to Killbot and TC, but TC actually did it maliciously.

Yea I went through reporting every post TC made. And I have to agree with you, reading TC's responses here have made me go full on stupid..I need to go read a book or something...

The best part is thats a moddable offense.
But im not lame enough to report you for it unlike yourself.....
---
#56Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:05:44 PM
lalwtf posted...
No they didnt add any reason whatsoever to keep playing once you have been 50 for around 4-5 hours. By that time you will have what you need to be an absolute weapon of mass destruction without any challenge left in the game.

The lack of end game (HURR DURR RAID BOZZ) gives you basically no reason to keep on farming for anything, there is no new challenge that you need to gear up for in order to conquer it.

Keep in mind that i did get bored of this game before the bee shield nerf, so i did most my farming back then. Ive been sitting on all chars full legendary lvl 50 since sometime last year (no i dont dupe)

However i have also completed every single dlc, max gamerscore and all that jazz. But that is with no new farmed items, so basically what i got 6 months ago is the same crap you are farming now.

Thanks for answering the question and confirming the bad development that went into this game.
---
#57KaBoom1322Posted 2/27/2013 3:15:54 PM
Why post on this board?To piss people off?You are a dirty troll with no testicular fortitude,go troll,troll.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#58Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:17:48 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Why post on this board?To piss people off?You are a dirty troll with no testicular fortitude,go troll,troll.

You must have trouble reading.
The reason is in the topic title.
Go back to school.
---
#59KaBoom1322Posted 2/27/2013 3:21:57 PM
No,i don't have trouble reading.I've read all of your posts and you're deliberately trolling,your last proves this too.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#60Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/27/2013 3:22:08 PM
Knox_32 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Knox_32 posted...
Well if we are talking about things that can be done in games with leveling and loot to continue player interest at max level and loot, I would say look to the couriers mile from fallout new vegas. It and some of the other areas in the dlc were still extremely challenging even for a maxed out and fully equipped player.

I feel this game just needs some areas like that for maxed out characters. That way you could have a great time playing through these end game areas for the challenge and fun of fully utilizing the end game items.

?

save sidequests and DLC for 2.5.

Fair enough, but from what I have seen there are not a whole lot of things that pose a viabl threat to maxed out players. That is what I meant by bringing up the courier's mile. I played it with a thoroughly planned out build and end game equipment and tons of chems and I still felt like I could die at any moment.

?

Pretty much any enemy in the game is capable of killing you in 2-3 hits.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 77067