Upshot Robot

#1Azrael0206Posted 2/26/2013 11:38:01 PM
Looking at my gaige build, and wondering if dipping i to bff for this is worth it.
Have a few questions,
-Is the melee damage additive or multiplicative of itself?
A percent of a percent, as you know, is ridiculous and a waste of good numbers.
-Is there a cap to the number of stacks you can get?
I know that seems silly, but i like to know the math, if it stops at 99 i want to know :P
-Also, is there a damage increase cap outside of the stack increase?
Lets say there IS a stack cap increase at 99, will all 99 stacks give 4% extra melee damage? Or is there a hidden magic number where increased melee damage will have no extra effect?
-Lastly, what do you guys think about the skill?
I know a lot of folks run LBT with OC, and i understsnd why, its quite powerful. But I'm running solo mostly, and DT is my compadre. Making him last longer and hit harder seems like a nice option :P

Thanks for any answers, pretty curious about this skill ^_^
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#2Kylebe515Posted 2/26/2013 11:57:55 PM
Seriously? This is a video game. Spend your skill points, load up some gear, and go kill stuff.
#3genesis42Posted 2/27/2013 12:01:59 AM
Azrael0206 posted...

Additive. For every kill you or Deathtrap acquire, Deathtrap gains a 4% melee stack / +5 seconds duration.

I know that seems silly, but i like to know the math, if it stops at 99 i want to know :P
Lets say there IS a stack cap increase at 99, will all 99 stacks give 4% extra melee damage? Or is there a hidden magic number where increased melee damage will have no extra effect?

To answer the both of these questions, here's what the wiki states:

Upshot Robot' is a Tier 3 Action Skill Upgrade in Gaige's Best Friends Forever skill tree. When Deathtrap is active, any kills by Gaige or Deathtrap will increase Deathtrap duration and melee damage. This can potentially lead to Deathtrap lasting through entire fights, as it stands it appears as if it can stack into 4 digits so far, has been confirmed to go above 1000, even though it may read as 100 because of the lack of room on the icon for the numbers, so with a potential max of 9999, you and your Deathtrap could be sitting at a potential max of +39,996% melee damage.

It's Deathtrap's best skill. I run a LBT / OC build, and I usually have enough skill points left to dip a little into the BFF tree to grab Close Enough, The Better Half and Upshot Robot. The Stare and Upshot Robot are really the only buffs I give my Deathtrap, and he still seems to hold his own most of the time.
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#4Flow_149Posted 2/27/2013 12:16:19 AM
It's good. Get it.
#5Azrael0206(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:18:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Azrael0206(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:19:45 AM
genesis42 posted...
Azrael0206 posted...

Additive. For every kill you or Deathtrap acquire, Deathtrap gains a 4% melee stack / +5 seconds duration.

To answer the both of these questions, here's what the wiki states:

Upshot Robot' is a Tier 3 Action Skill Upgrade in Gaige's Best Friends Forever skill tree. When Deathtrap is active, any kills by Gaige or Deathtrap will increase Deathtrap duration and melee damage. This can potentially lead to Deathtrap lasting through entire fights, as it stands it appears as if it can stack into 4 digits so far, has been confirmed to go above 1000, even though it may read as 100 because of the lack of room on the icon for the numbers, so with a potential max of 9999, you and your Deathtrap could be sitting at a potential max of +39,996% melee damage.

It's Deathtrap's best skill. I run a LBT / OC build, and I usually have enough skill points left to dip a little into the BFF tree to grab Close Enough, The Better Half and Upshot Robot. The Stare and Upshot Robot are really the only buffs I give my Deathtrap, and he still seems to hold his own most of the time.

Awesome concise answer. Very helpful.
I'll def sport it and see how high I can get the stacks!
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913