I'm looking for tweaks on my Zer0 build.

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 2/27/2013 2:30:03 AM
I think it's okay, but I want something that can deal exceptional damage to bosses (as that's what I'll mostly be doing) but something that's useful against the trash I need to wade through in order to get to the bosses.

Here is my current build: http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#500521500050055155010000000000

Any tweaks you guys can think of in order to get more damage against bosses, and to deal with the trash as well would be appreciated.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#2olan231Posted 2/27/2013 3:14:45 AM
http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505051555150300000000500000000

It all depends on the weaponry really. I myself run a White Death, and with the automatic it has I get mass damage with Critical Asenti0n. With this build, Bunker is dead with that skill at a max of 40 stacks. However, with B0re I've killed him in one hit with an Infinity, no joke..
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#3The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 4:34:22 AM
Yeah, I've experienced the same thing with B0re. That skill is the bane of bosses with underlying critical spots, like BNK-3R. I quite like my build, but I think it's difficult to get a good balance of focus for bosses and trash. Zer0 is more about taking out single targets with speed and efficiency, but I need to omit kill skills from my build because they are useless against most bosses.
---
#4olan231Posted 2/27/2013 5:18:35 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Yeah, I've experienced the same thing with B0re. That skill is the bane of bosses with underlying critical spots, like BNK-3R. I quite like my build, but I think it's difficult to get a good balance of focus for bosses and trash. Zer0 is more about taking out single targets with speed and efficiency, but I need to omit kill skills from my build because they are useless against most bosses.

Agreed. Again, the last skill in the Sniping Tree is nice because it's not mainly a kill skills, it's a critical hit skill, so that'll stack each time you get a crit. Other than that, the One sh0t One Kill skill works noice with the Infinity since, well, yeah. Other than that the sniper class I've been able to pick up any green/blue/purple and pretty much drop 60K-600K (Non Crit) and upwards of 3M to 5M crits with a wild variety of snipers I've been picking up over the last few hours.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#5The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 6:34:57 AM
That actually sounds pretty awesome. Does Critical Ascensi0n only apply to snipers, and does the stack last for long? My concern is that I won't be able to build up a decent stack in order to get the most out of it because getting those critical spots can be a bit tricky for me. I'm a fan of snipers though, so this might give me a new boost of interest in Zer0.

What skills would you recommend altogether?
---
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/27/2013 7:18:45 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
That actually sounds pretty awesome. Does Critical Ascensi0n only apply to snipers, and does the stack last for long? My concern is that I won't be able to build up a decent stack in order to get the most out of it because getting those critical spots can be a bit tricky for me. I'm a fan of snipers though, so this might give me a new boost of interest in Zer0.

What skills would you recommend altogether?

unfortunately its snipers only. and the stacks degrade pretty quickly. i personally dislike CA, but its worth a try. maybe you'll love it. not like you are committed anyways. respecs are cheap.

i use a cunning bore build personally.

i have 5 points in 2 fang rather than unforeseen, and i use 5 in OSOK because i love my infinity, but aside from that, i love the cunning bore zero. good for bosses and mobs
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#7The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 7:26:04 AM
My problem with Two Fang is it seems unreliable. When it procs, it seems that the second shot goes elsewhere. As for Death Bl0ss0m, I love it, but I wonder if the damage of the kunai is governed by your base strength. I've got a feeling that it is and that it's worthwhile putting some points into Ir0n Fist.
---
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/27/2013 7:29:03 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
My problem with Two Fang is it seems unreliable. When it procs, it seems that the second shot goes elsewhere. As for Death Bl0ss0m, I love it, but I wonder if the damage of the kunai is governed by your base strength. I've got a feeling that it is and that it's worthwhile putting some points into Ir0n Fist.

i believe that its damage is based on your melee damage. not positive, but ive heard this.

even with 0 melee skills though, it is really really good.
---
#9The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 7:39:44 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...

i believe that its damage is based on your melee damage. not positive, but ive heard this.

Indeed, the skill is seductively powerful even without strength modifiers, but if modifying your strength increases the damage of the kunai, then surely it'll be worth putting in points to increase your strength. Seeing as I'm going to always use the kunai whenever I go into Decepti0n, it'll be a good idea to try and boost the damage as much as possible, but I don't want to be using my melee against foes, because melee isn't suited for many bosses like Terramorphous and BNK-3R.
---
#10Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/27/2013 7:49:26 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...

Indeed, the skill is seductively powerful even without strength modifiers, but if modifying your strength increases the damage of the kunai, then surely it'll be worth putting in points to increase your strength. Seeing as I'm going to always use the kunai whenever I go into Decepti0n, it'll be a good idea to try and boost the damage as much as possible, but I don't want to be using my melee against foes, because melee isn't suited for many bosses like Terramorphous and BNK-3R.

you'd be surprised - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOIKaxHwO0o

i just prefer cunning bore because i have more fun using guns than melee. melee is extremely powerful with the right gear though
---