One thing I would love to see in a game like this...

#11Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/27/2013 5:50:50 AM
MGunzC posted...
I lost count of the number of redtext mission rewards I scrapped because they didn't have a scope on them. Would be nice to tweak them with a part or two.

I keep farming the blockhead looking for one with a scope. I keep getting better stats, but no scope, doesn't need one, but I just want one. For the blue unique rewards, I was taking what was given, didn't really know you could farm that till I got here. Well, live and learn.
#12Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/27/2013 6:21:27 AM
scopes/sights are the one thing i could see an exception working.

i hate when i find a good pistol and it has that stupid tediore block on it.

not a huge issue though. like a previous poster said, nature of the beast.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#13tony8669Posted 2/27/2013 9:30:58 AM
I've always wanted to see a game which lets you mod weapons like that.

In some ways, KOTOR2 kinda fit the bill with the workbench. Other than that, not much (unless maybe some JRPGs did that).
#14killbot357Posted 2/27/2013 9:48:32 AM
I like the idea of guncrafting / altering your own weapons, but I don't want to see parts dropping.

Instead I'd rather spend Eridium to change a Maliwan barrel to a Jacobs, or to change a corrosive plasma caster into a shock plasma caster, for example. Though I doubt Gearbox will implement any kind of crafting system.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#15VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/27/2013 9:57:06 AM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
MGunzC posted...
I lost count of the number of redtext mission rewards I scrapped because they didn't have a scope on them. Would be nice to tweak them with a part or two.

I keep farming the blockhead looking for one with a scope. I keep getting better stats, but no scope, doesn't need one, but I just want one. For the blue unique rewards, I was taking what was given, didn't really know you could farm that till I got here. Well, live and learn.

sadly that gun will never have a scope, it is one of the two scopeless snipers, I think there are just the two, that gun and then the one you get from the giant skag mission...
#16RinglercorpPosted 2/27/2013 1:32:25 PM
killbot357 posted...
I like the idea of guncrafting / altering your own weapons, but I don't want to see parts dropping.

Instead I'd rather spend Eridium to change a Maliwan barrel to a Jacobs, or to change a corrosive plasma caster into a shock plasma caster, for example. Though I doubt Gearbox will implement any kind of crafting system.

This.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#17Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/27/2013 1:51:43 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...
MGunzC posted...

sadly that gun will never have a scope, it is one of the two scopeless snipers, I think there are just the two, that gun and then the one you get from the giant skag mission...

I know the longbow doesn't have a scope but I thought the blockhead could drop with one. The blockhead is the shotgun that drops from the creepers. Maybe I've been wasting time ? lol.
#18Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/27/2013 1:53:49 PM
killbot357 posted...

Yeah, this would work much better than a random drop. With my luck I would only keep getting the same square scope anyway.
#19VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/27/2013 11:13:11 PM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
VeritasAbIrato posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...
MGunzC posted...

I know the longbow doesn't have a scope but I thought the blockhead could drop with one. The blockhead is the shotgun that drops from the creepers. Maybe I've been wasting time ? lol.

oh sorry got my guns mixed up, no I'm not to familiar with that shotgun do I wouldn't know but im guessing there might be a no scope trend there maybe...
#20Flow_149Posted 2/27/2013 11:24:32 PM(edited)
i'm really split. I tend to love weapon crafting in games, however in this case i'm mixed as having the option to build the perfect gun out of the best parts possible makes having an extensive loot system kind of irrelevant.

EDIT: Plus one of the few features i loved in the original borderlands was the concept of trade offs; a common example would be where the game forced you to decide between a higher power scope giving you increased accuracy or higher damage.