One thing I would love to see in a game like this...

#41Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/28/2013 10:19:22 AM
MGunzC posted...
I don't understand your hostility. I obviously really like this game, as I have been playing it for the last 3 months and will continue to do so for a while. I have grinded my share, and will continue to grind. Also, I have not received any free handouts from other gamers.

I recall the topic states "One thing 'I' would like to see..."

I could care less if you disagree, it's the manner in which you do it. What's the point of having a new idea and keeping it to yourself? Public forum is a good tool to present it, though I really have no expectations that I'll see it implemented in any game in the near future.

So what does that leave me with? This game. The way it is. Off to the grind.

honestly no hostility on my end. apologies if it seems that way. i just see some areas where it would cause problems.

i understand that you are just stating something that you would like to see. people having a differing opinion does not make them a fanboy though. i really hate that argument, as it is usually brought up the instant a person disagrees with someone with a critical opinion of a game.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#42KaBoom1322Posted 2/28/2013 10:21:10 AM
Stop being such a fanboy Argyle.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#43MGunzC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:26:16 AM
Read back a few posts, Gargoyle. You were the one who first used the term 'fanboy' implying it was me who thought that way. I simply threw it back at ya.

I don't even like the term, so I apologize for using it. You obviously like this game so in that we are in agreement.

Let's get back to killin' stuff!
#44Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/28/2013 10:30:39 AM
MGunzC posted...
Read back a few posts, Gargoyle. You were the one who first used the term 'fanboy' implying it was me who thought that way. I simply threw it back at ya.

I don't even like the term, so I apologize for using it. You obviously like this game so in that we are in agreement.

Let's get back to killin' stuff!

i inferred "fanboy" from your use of "sponsor"

regardless. no sense arguing. good luck in your looting.

honestly, if you really feel strongly about your idea, post it on the GBX forums. the devs actually read through some of the stuff there. only way of getting it seen by people who could do anything with it.

posting it here just results in opinionated replies from hard headed individuals like myself
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#45Jambi_ManPosted 2/28/2013 10:31:09 AM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
I'm sure at some point a game will come around with a random parts generator, maybe not borderlands, but someone will do it. I'd give it run.

They made it already....Dead Space 3. I'm not into the game, but my brother got it. Not sure if it has a "random" part generator, but it's definitely along the lines of what TC is talkin about. The weapon crafting looks kinda cool tho. I think it's a good idea personally... You could build your character & your gun....so many possibilities for creativity.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#46Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/28/2013 10:38:37 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...
I'm sure at some point a game will come around with a random parts generator, maybe not borderlands, but someone will do it. I'd give it run.

They made it already....Dead Space 3. I'm not into the game, but my brother got it. Not sure if it has a "random" part generator, but it's definitely along the lines of what TC is talkin about. The weapon crafting looks kinda cool tho. I think it's a good idea personally... You could build your character & your gun....so many possibilities for creativity.

Thanks Jambi, I'll have to take a look. Haven't played any dead space yet.
Cool name by the way, TOOL Rocks.
#47MGunzC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:10:51 PM
Case in point: I've been grinding on-and-off for 4 days now trying to get a Lvl 50 Redundant Fibber with the good barrel on it. I have a Lvl 29 version that I really enjoyed playing with.

So far, I've had to dashboard over 200 times - 4-5 hours or so - and still have not seen one. I have gotten 6 Redundant prefix ones with the crappy barrels.

My options are:

1. Continue grinding
2. Create a LF topic and trade for or be given one

It would have been nice to have a third option:

3. Tweak one of the Redudnants I found with the good barrel and move on.

It's too bad that, if you want to use a specific gun in this game, you have to either grind and grind missions or bosses over and over, or ask someone to trade or give you a free handout.

However; it is what it is. Back to the grind.
#48MGunzC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 1:18:04 AM
Just for the record, after 90 more tries, I finally got a Redundant Fibber with the XXXXXx2 barrel, but it has the Shock element on it. Would rather have a non-elemental version.