True or false?(mercy question)

#11jloewensteinPosted 2/27/2013 1:47:18 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
jloewenstein posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
Cheers for the help.64 hours and counting,at least ***i can murder him with Sal now*** .

I don't know how the "fancy mathematics" of the drop rate works, but killing him with another character don't make the process start from the begining?

no. each attempt is %100 independent from all other.

it could drop at attempt 1 or attempt 10,000 or any attempt in between (or beyond if you are really unlucky)

killing him more does not increase your drop chance. it only increases the # of times you have rolled the random # generator dice to potentially have it drop

ouch... That's an enormous incentive to keep farming the burners for the Cobra. Not.
#12KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 1:53:08 PM
I'm gonna grind BAR and farm mercy,kill 2 rakk with one stone so to speak;)
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#13RinglercorpPosted 2/27/2013 2:21:23 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...

Doesn't the drop rate increase with more players?
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#14R0880Posted 2/27/2013 2:34:15 PM
Ringlercorp posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Doesn't the drop rate increase with more players?

Nope. More players means more Badass enemies. Badass enemies have a higher chance to drop legendaries than normal mobs, thus more players = 'better' loot. Has no effect on bosses/raids.
#15Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/27/2013 3:00:25 PM
jloewenstein posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
jloewenstein posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
Cheers for the help.64 hours and counting,at least ***i can murder him with Sal now*** .

I don't know how the "fancy mathematics" of the drop rate works, but killing him with another character don't make the process start from the begining?

no. each attempt is %100 independent from all other.

it could drop at attempt 1 or attempt 10,000 or any attempt in between (or beyond if you are really unlucky)

killing him more does not increase your drop chance. it only increases the # of times you have rolled the random # generator dice to potentially have it drop

ouch... That's an enormous incentive to keep farming the burners for the Cobra. Not.

Yeah I keep getting Moxxi pictures and not much else, I'll keep grinding it though, it has to drop at some point while I'm still sane ... right ?