Doing a gun review of the Evil Smasher... community input on this?

#1deadlyfredPosted 2/27/2013 7:59:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm making my next gun review and this time it's the divisive Evil Smasher.

What I'm going to talk about is it's natural ability to gain power and fire rate, but I want some input from you guys describing what you think about it's inclusion in the game since day one, how it gets OP on it's own without the repeating glitch and what you think the developers will/should do about it?

Good answers and comments will be included in the final video (probably dropping tomorrow).

Please keep this discussion civil. No name calling, no insulting others. I just want to get down to what this gun is, why it exists and why it has never been patched or hot-fixed.

thanks

-- Six
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES and not L's)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#2sikboyjPosted 2/27/2013 8:06:06 PM
Seriously, had it not been exploited by a glitch in the game, it would be completely overlooked.
---
#3deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 8:08:01 PM
sikboyj posted...
Seriously, had it not been exploited by a glitch in the game, it would be completely overlooked.

I had originally sold mine in my first playthrough after using it for all of 10 seconds.

What else?
---
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#4Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/27/2013 8:18:32 PM
I imagine if used the way it was meant to be used, it would take some skill to keep it powered up in a fire fight. Ironically, it can be used to remove any need for skill at all.
I sold it on my first play through, found out what it could do, got it again, now it just sits in my bank. For me it is unreliable in a fight. Maybe Fred can do a vid showing the right way to make it useful.
#5deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 8:22:48 PM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
I imagine if used the way it was meant to be used, it would take some skill to keep it powered up in a fire fight. Ironically, it can be used to remove any need for skill at all.
I sold it on my first play through, found out what it could do, got it again, now it just sits in my bank. For me it is unreliable in a fight. Maybe Fred can do a vid showing the right way to make it useful.

Have done. On my channel I have a video showing a bunch of glitches. Combine the Evil Smasher glitch with the infinite ammo glitch and you can make ANY gun a death machine.
---
#6resealablePosted 2/27/2013 8:24:39 PM
I think you should invest your time else where. Like reviewing items that can stack abilities depending on how many people equip them. I haven't seen much about those items and how effective their combined bonus can effect the way you play.
---
I have not yet written a signature because I am busy giving back to the community via the drugs I sell them.
#7DevilazerV1Posted 2/27/2013 8:27:34 PM
Yes, I think this gun is far overlooked aside from that fact that it can boost other guns to a tremendous degree. On its own, it is a seriously powerful weapon that more people should look into.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Devildude720
Sorry if I abruptly stop responding to posts, I have the attention-span of a banana.
#8Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/27/2013 8:28:22 PM
deadlyfred posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...

Have done. On my channel I have a video showing a bunch of glitches. Combine the Evil Smasher glitch with the infinite ammo glitch and you can make ANY gun a death machine.

Oh I know, I think your vid is the one I learned the glitch from .. lol. I mean a new one showing its potential as a stand alone weapon. Trying to keep it powered up during combat. Is it really possible to make use of it on TVHM ? or is it just grinder material.
#9deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 8:33:00 PM
resealable posted...
I think you should invest your time else where. Like reviewing items that can stack abilities depending on how many people equip them. I haven't seen much about those items and how effective their combined bonus can effect the way you play.

Coming soon, actually. We're going to run a team of Banes and Hoplites, lol.
---
#10resealablePosted 2/27/2013 8:40:12 PM
deadlyfred posted...
resealable posted...

Coming soon, actually. We're going to run a team of Banes and Hoplites, lol.

Ha nice, there's a few more things isn't there?
---
I have not yet written a signature because I am busy giving back to the community via the drugs I sell them.