"Requires Pirate's Booty"?

#1RaptorkittyPosted 2/27/2013 9:22:38 PM
So I bought the Add-On pack on Monday from Walmart because my house doesn't have internet. I started the Captain Scarlett DLC today with my little sister but I'm having trouble using/picking up some items.

For my reward shotgun, hovercraft skins, and some quest items it says "Requires Pirate's Booty". Is there a certain quest I have to get past or something? I'm really confused as I was able to pick up the whisky for one quest, but not the peg legs or gold teeth for another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#2olan231Posted 2/27/2013 9:29:02 PM
I would see about updating your actual game. Look for something along the lines of a "Compatibility Pack" that game with the DLC.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#3Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:34:01 PM
olan231 posted...
I would see about updating your actual game. Look for something along the lines of a "Compatibility Pack" that game with the DLC.

When I put in the disc it prompted me with an update before I could install it. Though I may have a half doenloaded compatibility pack on my system.
---
#4olan231Posted 2/27/2013 9:36:20 PM
Raptorkitty posted...
olan231 posted...

When I put in the disc it prompted me with an update before I could install it. Though I may have a half doenloaded compatibility pack on my system.

I'd recommend deleting the Pirate's Booty and whatever compatibility pack and reinstalling. But before doing that, how'd you get that pack downloaded?
---
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#5Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:47:21 PM
olan231 posted...
Raptorkitty posted...
olan231 posted...

I'd recommend deleting the Pirate's Booty and whatever compatibility pack and reinstalling. But before doing that, how'd you get that pack downloaded?

I'm doing that now. Which pack? DLC or compatibility? DLC from the content disc they released Tuesday. Compat was from taking my Xbox somewhere some months back.
---
#6olan231Posted 2/27/2013 9:57:09 PM
Try deleting both and reinstall pirates booty. Having the compatibility pack might interfere with it.
---
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#7Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:20:48 PM
olan231 posted...
Try deleting both and reinstall pirates booty. Having the compatibility pack might interfere with it.

I tried deleting the pack and it didn't work, but I didn't reinstall PB after.
---
#8Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:24:33 PM
Also, it prompts me with an update everytime I go to install, though I say yes everytime.
---
#9Last VampirePosted 2/27/2013 10:49:06 PM
I get the same problem.

F*** Gearbox. I called their tech support, and they said I had to be online to validate the DLC or some garbage, and that the point of the retail disc was so you didn't have to download the "large files" of the DLC and access exclusive content.

Pretty bulls*** answer, even from a tech support drone.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#10BigSai29Posted 2/27/2013 11:11:12 PM
F*** Gearbox. I called their tech support, and they said I had to be online to validate the DLC or some garbage, and that the point of the retail disc was so you didn't have to download the "large files" of the DLC and access exclusive content.

Wow, that's pretty shocking.