"Requires Pirate's Booty"?

#11Last VampirePosted 2/27/2013 11:16:25 PM
I'm holding out hope that it's just some fallback emergency answer that they are being told to give out just in case they don't fix the problem. That way they can just pull a Blizzard and say "Not our fault, working as intended."

Between this and the A:CM thing though, I've very suddenly lost a ton of respect for Gearbox. Not that anyone cares, or should.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#12Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 1:32:26 AM
Last Vampire posted...
I get the same problem.

F*** Gearbox. I called their tech support, and they said I had to be online to validate the DLC or some garbage, and that the point of the retail disc was so you didn't have to download the "large files" of the DLC and access exclusive content.

Pretty bulls*** answer, even from a tech support drone.

Haha. My ass. Besides, no where on the box or booklet does it say net is required. I can't even tell if I get the update they prompt me with. Tried hotspoting my phone but all it does is keep me from live, but I have no signal so no clue.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#13Divided_By_OnePosted 2/28/2013 9:38:44 AM
Raptorkitty posted...
Also, it prompts me with an update everytime I go to install, though I say yes everytime.

Does it do that with other games as well? You may need to clear your Xbox's Cache. I had to last year, I guess if you have too many games or something it runs out of room for the updates. It was bugging me every time I started any games, so I cleared it, things worked fine from then on.
---
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
#14Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 9:53:25 AM
Divided_By_One posted...
Raptorkitty posted...
Also, it prompts me with an update everytime I go to install, though I say yes everytime.

Does it do that with other games as well? You may need to clear your Xbox's Cache. I had to last year, I guess if you have too many games or something it runs out of room for the updates. It was bugging me every time I started any games, so I cleared it, things worked fine from then on.

Not usually. I don't really have an internet connection so clearing it would be bad for me as I can't easily get my updates back.
---
#15Suicidal_LinkPosted 2/28/2013 10:05:39 AM
Had this same issue, though I tried using Torgue's campaign first. Can't pick up any items related to the DLC, such as tokens and Moxxi pics. I've been left in the dark with GB tech support via email, even though I've replied to them a few times, and only other reply I got was asking if I installed the compatibility pack.

I originally installed just the 2 DLCs from the disc since I had the other things already, and when that didn't work, I deleted -all- of my stuff from BL2 other than my saves, CLEARED CACHE (just in case), and re-downloaded all of the stuff from the disc alone. Still have the same problem, both before and after re-install.
Haven't heard anything back from GB tech support since the last question about compatibility packs, and I'm incredibly ticked.

No matter what, when you install the game, it kicks you off of Xbox Live asking about an update to run it. Selecting yes just puts you directly at the install screen, and nothing seems to download outside of that. This may be part of the problem, but they've done nothing to solve it so far. In the game itself, the DLCs only show that they have been 'downloaded,' not 'installed' like the other stuff from Live.
#16Suicidal_LinkPosted 2/28/2013 10:09:47 AM
Last Vampire posted...
I get the same problem.

F*** Gearbox. I called their tech support, and they said I had to be online to validate the DLC or some garbage, and that the point of the retail disc was so you didn't have to download the "large files" of the DLC and access exclusive content.

Yeah, that is a BS answer, because I have a constant Live connection, and it disconnects you from live when it asks you about an update (and cannot manually connect to live again from the install disc via dashboard "Connect to Live"). Even logging back into live after the install won't allow you to access the items, just some of the story portions.
#17Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:30:44 AM
Suicidal_Link posted...
Last Vampire posted...
I get the same problem.

Yeah, that is a BS answer, because I have a constant Live connection, and it disconnects you from live when it asks you about an update (and cannot manually connect to live again from the install disc via dashboard "Connect to Live"). Even logging back into live after the install won't allow you to access the items, just some of the story portions.

If they can't give me a fix I'm asking for codes. This really sucks, I was excited to find Walmart had it a day early because I wouldn't be able to grab it any other time. I gave up my chance at the Tomb Raider Collectors for this.
---
#18Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:35:33 AM
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for writing in. I actually don’t have an answer for that off-hand –let me check with the team and see if I can get any more details there.

You can also find a list of known issues, as well as the latest news on updates, in our Knowledge Base: (http://support. gearboxsoftware.com)

Email I received in response to my problem submission. Nothing back yet.
---
#19KaBoom1322Posted 2/28/2013 10:38:05 AM
I was planning on getting this...do ya think i should just buy dlc with MS points?
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#20Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:51:00 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
I was planning on getting this...do ya think i should just buy dlc with MS points?

Yes. Itll be a bit more expensive if you don't already have everything on thr disc, but it'll be useable.
---