"Requires Pirate's Booty"?

#31Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:08:16 AM
3CDED posted...
when forza 3s ultimate collection released it had the update on disc but it didn't need installing. the game just loaded if its trying to install then something is wrong IMO.

Well the only purpose of the disc is to install content.

And yea, it does suck, but whatever the update is for, it doesn't work online either so we'll see what Gearbox says. Probably be a couple days before I hear back because they have to look into the issue.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#32ShousenPosted 3/1/2013 9:18:38 AM
Same problem.. tagging topic for future info
---
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9913/88496704.jpg
#33Suicidal_LinkPosted 3/1/2013 2:54:54 PM
Last Vampire posted...
It asks you to update, but even if you don't have an internet connection you can still accept it, which made me think that the update was on the disc.

This is such a clusterf*** that i don't really know, though.

It asks you for that update, but as I said in my earlier post, the disc kicks you offline when it asks you for it, and even if you select yes, you can't sign back in until you're off the disc.
I'm doing the same back-and-forth with a Gearbox rep named Kelly for the last few days, and I'm incredibly annoyed at this point.
#34Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:31:44 PM
Suicidal_Link posted...
Last Vampire posted...
It asks you to update, but even if you don't have an internet connection you can still accept it, which made me think that the update was on the disc.

This is such a clusterf*** that i don't really know, though.

It asks you for that update, but as I said in my earlier post, the disc kicks you offline when it asks you for it, and even if you select yes, you can't sign back in until you're off the disc.
I'm doing the same back-and-forth with a Gearbox rep named Kelly for the last few days, and I'm incredibly annoyed at this point.

You're talking to the same person as me. Anything helpful yet?
---
#35CaserithPosted 3/1/2013 10:29:49 PM
you likely aren't talking to the same person as with most support places, they'll use the same name or a name off a list when discussing issues to avoid any real backlash with concerns to the company they're representing.

i temporaryly setup my xbox close to the modem for the net connection at home and run an ethernet to the xbox, attach a tv to the xbox and you'll have net access on your xbox. then put it all back where it was after you've downloaded all the crap ya need.

just throwing out how i get my dlc's and patches.
---
cake > pie
#36Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 7:50:00 AM
Caserith posted...
you likely aren't talking to the same person as with most support places, they'll use the same name or a name off a list when discussing issues to avoid any real backlash with concerns to the company they're representing.

i temporaryly setup my xbox close to the modem for the net connection at home and run an ethernet to the xbox, attach a tv to the xbox and you'll have net access on your xbox. then put it all back where it was after you've downloaded all the crap ya need.

just throwing out how i get my dlc's and patches.

I don't have net. I hotspot my phone for updates. But net isn't the problem.
---
#37CaserithPosted 3/2/2013 3:45:11 PM
sorry to be of no use then. goodluck with your situation and hope you're able to get it fixed.
---
cake > pie
#38Suicidal_LinkPosted 3/4/2013 9:36:31 AM
This issue -still- hasn't been addressed officially, and neither has there been any solutions posed by the support team to actually help yet. If you can't buy the Xbox Live versions for some reason, do NOT pick up the retail disc DLC pack.
#39Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:54:16 PM
Suicidal_Link posted...
This issue -still- hasn't been addressed officially, and neither has there been any solutions posed by the support team to actually help yet. If you can't buy the Xbox Live versions for some reason, do NOT pick up the retail disc DLC pack.

Agreed. Its best to just wait for now.
---
#40Raptorkitty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:14:11 PM
Ok, so I got another email a couple days ago(didn't get it till today because email problems with my phone). Said engineers are looking into it and asked for more info.
---