Is there something up with my game or...

#1Super_Flan_ManPosted 2/27/2013 11:34:24 PM
Am i just incredibly unlucky? I've gone through this game twice with Maya, Gaige, and Axton and i've only gotten 3 orange weapons and two purples total (not counting gold chest which gave crap anyway). I know because i trade those guns between my characters just so i have something decent to use. i even have the vault hunters relic equipped. Da fudge is up with my game!?
#2jenbecklerPosted 2/27/2013 11:36:23 PM
Nope. Sounds about right for the drop rates in BL2!
---
GT: JenMeister07
#3E8SiliconPosted 2/27/2013 11:37:36 PM
Super_Flan_Man posted...
Am i just incredibly unlucky? I've gone through this game twice with Maya, Gaige, and Axton and i've only gotten 3 orange weapons and two purples total (not counting gold chest which gave crap anyway). I know because i trade those guns between my characters just so i have something decent to use. i even have the vault hunters relic equipped. Da fudge is up with my game!?

WTF? You got more purples than oranges. Usually that would mean you are unlucky, but two purples seems very low. The Warrior would give me like 2-4 purples per kill and one legendary. I dunno. Random loot is random I guess.
---
Ready is my middle name(not really) / GT is E8Silicon
#4deadlyfredPosted 2/27/2013 11:37:39 PM
Super_Flan_Man posted...

Get rid of the VH Relic. Doesn't work.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES and not L's)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#5Super_Flan_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:53:33 AM
Does that relic seriously not work? Guess that isn't surprising since there's that grenade that just flies straight up, explodes into fireworks and then does nothing. As for my loot drop, maybe the add-ons didn't install right or something because that can't be statistically possible.
#6TheD1ddlerPosted 2/28/2013 1:18:52 AM
Super_Flan_Man posted...
Does that relic seriously not work? Guess that isn't surprising since there's that grenade that just flies straight up, explodes into fireworks and then does nothing. As for my loot drop, maybe the add-ons didn't install right or something because that can't be statistically possible.

Vault hunters relic supposedly "works" but only makes more blues appear instead of white/green. Your luck seems terrible to me I'm sorry about that. That many playthroughs should yeild dozens of purples and at least 5 oranges in my opinion. I got 3 oranges on my first pt alone
---
---
xbl gamertag: xAbsolut Zero
#7The_Hungry_OnePosted 2/28/2013 1:29:20 AM
My first orange weapon was Bonus Package when I started the game on TVHM with Zer0 and I wasn't even farming at that point. By then though, I had found plenty of purple weapons. It just goes to show how random the loot can be.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#8wareuphPosted 2/28/2013 2:20:30 AM
jenbeckler posted...
Nope. Sounds about right for the drop rates in BL2!

^This. Also that's about how bad my luck is with the game too TC, until i started farming. It can be pretty repetitive but eventually they give up the goods. Some rough estimates farming for legendaries so far:

Doc Mercy: 0/20
Scorch: 3/60
Warrior: 2/80
McNally: 0/30
Zaford: 2/30
Hodunk: 1/10
Spycho: 0/40 (didn't farm him with scorch at first)
Saturn: 0/20
Bonehead 2.0: 3/20
Blue: 0/10
Bada** Creeper: 1/20
Mobley / Gettle: 2/20
Vermy: 0/1
Pyro Pete: 5/75

And that's all I remember off the top of my head ... Long post I know, I'm bored O_o
---
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve.
GT: Metal Lloyd
#9Tec187Posted 2/28/2013 2:50:35 AM
Super_Flan_Man posted...

1/10 I call BS.
Warrior alone drops oodles on each moonshot kill - you say you did 6. At the very least you are lying about your purples.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3