Level increase "a huge amount of work"

#1JacquardPosted 2/28/2013 6:19:05 PM
Interested Gamer:

@DuvalMagic @Matt__F last month of the first quarter, no? 12 / 4 = 3? so level increase expected by the end of this month no?
6:41pm - 28 Feb 13

Randy Pitchford:

@ShowYourFreek We'll see. It's turned out to be a huge amount of work.
8:07pm - 28 Feb 13

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/DuvalMagic
#2killbot357Posted 2/28/2013 6:20:12 PM
who cares
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#3LusterPaladinPosted 2/28/2013 6:21:37 PM(edited)
Lies, I really don't see how this could be a lot of work, the game is already programmed to handle over LV 50 characters and enemies alike.
---
XboxGT: KING JAMI
Bossanova - Blue Bossanova
#4Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/28/2013 6:23:07 PM
Maybe it has something to do with loot leveling ? ... I don't know, I'm clueless lol.
#5MrImpatient35Posted 2/28/2013 6:26:52 PM
LusterPaladin posted...
Lies, I really don't see how this could be a lot of work, the game is already programmed to handle over LV 50 characters and enemies alike.

Pretty much. Whenever I fight bosses, they're usually at around level 52. I've seen the spiders/rats when you fight pyro pete go up to about...level 56 or something. I forgot. They also had an achievement ship with the game, implying that you would be able to level up passed level 50. If they didn't plan to increase the level eventually, then why would they word the achievement like that?

Imagine you "complete" a game, and you get an achievement that says you THINK you beat the game, but you really did. Wouldn't that make you think that there's more that you have to play? A bit misleading right? lol Same thing to me.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#6Mander1861Posted 2/28/2013 6:27:16 PM
Or maybe its because Gearbox is a bad dev.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#7partytrevPosted 2/28/2013 6:27:51 PM
Cuz they could not have just kept developing loot for higher levels. They knew it was going to be increased, Good job Gearbox
#8Pvt-SpoonPosted 2/28/2013 6:30:46 PM
Mander1861 posted...
Or maybe its because Gearbox is a bad dev.

lol, I don't know , I'm not Mensa certified ... just ISO.
#9ShinterLPosted 2/28/2013 6:36:03 PM
and1ballr posted...
They also had an achievement ship with the game, implying that you would be able to level up passed level 50. If they didn't plan to increase the level eventually, then why would they word the achievement like that?

Imagine you "complete" a game, and you get an achievement that says you THINK you beat the game, but you really did. Wouldn't that make you think that there's more that you have to play? A bit misleading right? lol Same thing to me.

Or it could mean that they wanted to add a level cap increase, but now they're realizing that it might be harder than they thought, so it might not happen after all. Like the quoted tweet said.

I really wish people would stop using that achievement as "proof" of a guaranteed level cap increase.
#10ReclusivHearts9Posted 2/28/2013 6:49:25 PM
Actually its been said that Gearbox created the skill trees to handle the standard 45 skill points and that's it. They said that adding more could be potentially game breaking...
---
GT: ReclusivHearts9