Pete's drop pattern (interesting results)

#1fakesnoop77Posted 3/1/2013 4:50:09 AM
Over the past weeks/months of farming Pete I have noticed and recorded some interesting loot patterns which I firmly believe are true.

I believe that loot assigned to Pete is actually dependant on who your character is. Here are some interesting examples; -

Playing as Zero - Pete undoubtedly dropped a healthy selection of goodies but having sourced most of my recent loot from Pete, I noticed that nearly all the Purple/Blue MOD's were for Salvador and Gaige.
In regards to legendary loot gathered whilst playing as Zer0, he dropped an incredible amount of Bezerker Mods, Impalor Shields, Bouncing Bonny mods, Deliverance Shotguns and Bonus Packages. The odd B1tch and Gunnerang thrown in also.

Playing as Salv - Again, lots of random stuff but this time the Purple/Blue Mods were for Zer0 and Maya with a few for Salvador himself. Nothing seen for Axton at all! Orange loot dropped included vast amounts of Thunderball Fists, Transformer Shields, Cradle's, Kerblasters of all prefix's, legendary Assassin and Siren mod's, CC's and Leech's.

I know what you are thinking....random loot is random but having farmed Pete for the length of time I have it seems the above could be somewhat true perhaps?

This weekend I will farm with Axton to see if I get some similar results.
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#2Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/1/2013 5:16:15 AM
When I farm him with Axton, he seems to toss me a lot of shields or grenade mods as far as orange goes. The mix of blue and purple loot seems to be pretty diverse across the board. Through all the farming though, I have seen at least one of each legendary class mod, but mostly the one for Axton. Pete doesn't toss me many orange guns, a few here and there. But like I said, mostly the same orange grenade mods and shields. I did keep track, of orange drops vs kills and for me it seems he drops an orange , on avg, every 5th kill or so .... So, there is some useless information from me to help with your hypothesis.
#3TheD1ddlerPosted 3/1/2013 5:20:24 AM
I remember crazy theories like this about crawmerax in bl1, honestly if you look hard enough you can find a pattern in what is really random. Who knows maybe you are on to something but I doubt it. I've killed pete close to 50 times with my mechromancer and haven't noticed any type of pattern at all. He's only dropped 4 oranges for me too pretty sad I've always had terrible luck. Took me 150 kills of crawmerax to get my first pearl back in the day.
---
---
xbl gamertag: xAbsolut Zero
#4fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 5:21:17 AM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
I have seen at least one of each legendary class mod, but mostly the one for Axton.

Interesting. So whilst farming with Axton, Pete will mainly drop the Commando Mod?

Maybe it is dependant on character used?

BTW the point made was not useless.
---
#5fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 5:24:54 AM
TheD1ddler posted...
I remember crazy theories like this about crawmerax in bl1, honestly if you look hard enough you can find a pattern in what is really random. Who knows maybe you are on to something but I doubt it. I've killed pete close to 50 times with my mechromancer and haven't noticed any type of pattern at all. He's only dropped 4 oranges for me too pretty sad I've always had terrible luck. Took me 150 kills of crawmerax to get my first pearl back in the day.
---

I suppose you could be right but I have honestly killed that dude close to 500 times across 2 characters and depending on who I use I always see the same Class Mods and same legendary loot drop.

I must have sold about 15 different types of Thunderball Fists and Legendary Mods in the last couple of weeks alone

Is it a coincidence? Probably, but it all seems a bit strange to me
---
#6Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/1/2013 5:32:00 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...
I have seen at least one of each legendary class mod, but mostly the one for Axton.

Interesting. So whilst farming with Axton, Pete will mainly drop the Commando Mod?

Maybe it is dependant on character used?

BTW the point made was not useless.

He has dropped the one for Axton 4 times. The hunter and siren twice, the others once.
Sal being the last one I've seen. But I've only farmed him with Axton, so I have no comparison. Can I add I'm getting a little tired of seeing the Fastball ... lol.
#7shnangyboosPosted 3/1/2013 5:34:12 AM
Since he is actually intended for four people to fight, I'm gonna guess it's just random.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#8xHuckleberryPosted 3/1/2013 5:37:58 AM
Ive learned of ways to sorta manipulate drops on smaller pools, but raid bosses have a larger pool, which is harder to manipulate.

Pete's case is odd for me. Everything but my assassin seems to get decent drops from him.
#9fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 5:40:56 AM
xHuckleberry posted...
Ive learned of ways to sorta manipulate drops on smaller pools

Explain.....
---
#10malcolm913Posted 3/1/2013 7:40:33 AM
I only recently made it to Pete playing co-op. Then I have farmed him solo now only about 15 times with my Mechromancer. The jerk has so far only dropped one legendary, a Rolling Thunder. He is holding out on me.