Pete's drop pattern (interesting results)

#41fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 1:06:02 PM
Yeah the pellet spread is all wrong. I think whoever designed this gun must have thought that it would work best against larger targets or tightly packed groups of enemies
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#42Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/1/2013 1:12:21 PM
well, its designed like a flak gun. (an anti aircraft gun). hence its name

the shots explode after a predetermined length of time (like a flak cannon did).

problem is the spread is terrible for ground targets, and there are enough flying units in the game to make it an effective AA gun. even worse, the most common flying enemy negates any reason a predetermined fuse would be important because they are melee attackers.

im a little interested to give it a try on buzzards or some of the flying varkids, but for the most part they arent all that tough to hit with standard weapons.

the whole point of the predetermined fuse it to lead a target and pepper a general area with shrapnel. not something that is necessary in BL2
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#43Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/1/2013 1:13:05 PM
I think you may have something here. Ive noticed similar results in 2p terra kills. He always always drops berzerker or mechro stuff when we killer him as those 2. Like 5 times more mechro than anything else, both oranges and purples
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#44fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 1:42:40 PM
Hey Argyle, we need to play sometime but can never remember if you are on my friend list or not?

My GT is same as name on here if you wanna add me?
---
#45Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/1/2013 1:46:57 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
well, its designed like a flak gun. (an anti aircraft gun). hence its name

the shots explode after a predetermined length of time (like a flak cannon did).

problem is the spread is terrible for ground targets, and there are enough flying units in the game to make it an effective AA gun. even worse, the most common flying enemy negates any reason a predetermined fuse would be important because they are melee attackers.

im a little interested to give it a try on buzzards or some of the flying varkids, but for the most part they arent all that tough to hit with standard weapons.

the whole point of the predetermined fuse it to lead a target and pepper a general area with shrapnel. not something that is necessary in BL2

I thought about trying it for the buzzards and such, for its name sake, but I just use a hellfire or something caustic and call it a day. Seemed too limited to keep on me when I first tried it.
#46Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/1/2013 1:49:17 PM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Hey Argyle, we need to play sometime but can never remember if you are on my friend list or not?

My GT is same as name on here if you wanna add me?

sent you a PM
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#47sharkercheatPosted 3/1/2013 2:05:13 PM
i have noticed playing with zero that more weapons drop with blade attachments than with other characters. (because he is primarily melee) even with orange weapons.
---
GT: THE BREEZE NC
#48fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 2:06:56 PM
sharkercheat posted...
i have noticed playing with zero that more weapons drop with blade attachments than with other characters. (because he is primarily melee) even with orange weapons.

Agreed. And a massive amount of pistols. Pete has dropped some awesome purple variations
---
#49xHuckleberryPosted 3/1/2013 2:08:23 PM
I first messed with it while i was farming for a certain prefix of slow hands. Practical prefix to be exact. It took me literally hours to get 2 of them, which were both slag. So i sold 1 before trying again, and oddly enough a fire practical slow hands drops. I run back and rebuy my slag slow hand, and save and quit. Reload, sold my slag slow hand again, kill BA REX, i got another practical slow hand. Electric this time. Rebuy, reload, resell, rekill, gets another slow hand.

Long story short, i got all elemental slow hands, practical prefix in the matter of about 20-30 minutes.

Other bosses ive messed around with is the maggie, where i sold a few jakobs pistols before killing zaford. Its a chore to test, but selling an item seems to manipulate the game into dropping it more. My gf noticed this first when she would sell green class mods and get better blue versions or even purples to drop in chests or loot piles.

I still havent done extensive testing with this, but it does seem to work. If you got the time, try it out. Lemme know
#50fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 2:15:06 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
I first messed with it while i was farming for a certain prefix of slow hands. Practical prefix to be exact. It took me literally hours to get 2 of them, which were both slag. So i sold 1 before trying again, and oddly enough a fire practical slow hands drops. I run back and rebuy my slag slow hand, and save and quit. Reload, sold my slag slow hand again, kill BA REX, i got another practical slow hand. Electric this time. Rebuy, reload, resell, rekill, gets another slow hand.

Long story short, i got all elemental slow hands, practical prefix in the matter of about 20-30 minutes.

Other bosses ive messed around with is the maggie, where i sold a few jakobs pistols before killing zaford. Its a chore to test, but selling an item seems to manipulate the game into dropping it more. My gf noticed this first when she would sell green class mods and get better blue versions or even purples to drop in chests or loot piles.

I still havent done extensive testing with this, but it does seem to work. If you got the time, try it out. Lemme know

Interesting....

But why sell them? Can't you just put them in the vault then go farm them?
---