Explosive set questions.

#1WretchedOwlPosted 3/1/2013 9:33:59 AM
So, I'm currently running a full explosive damage set on my commando, which is badass by the way, but I'm wondering if there's a few things I'm missing.

First of all, the Steady skill in the Gunpowder tree, it says it increases grenade and launcher damage, but does that also affect the gyro gets from torgue weapons?

Second, I'm missing a shield that ties in with the whole explosive theme, and I was wondering whether or not there's a legendary explosive nova/spike shield that I don't know about.

Third, I wanted to see if there's any badass guns that I'm missing, or could be replaced in my normal rotation, which is as follows:

Tumtum Cobra (although its not listed as explosive damage in the tag, its damage is still increased by the relic, which is awesome)

Explosive Puissant Norfleet

Wild Kerblaster

Double Pen Unkempt Harold

suggestions to other explosive weapons I could farm would be awesome!
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin.
#2DieRomantiicPosted 3/1/2013 9:38:28 AM
Id assume a Deadly Bloom shield if you dont have it.
---
Before the Nightmare
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/1/2013 9:40:13 AM
go with either the deadly bllom (explosive nova) i believe you get it from the quest in overlook

or my favorite, the big boom blaster (seraph vendor in torgue) booster shield that replenishes 1 grenade and rocket ammo with each booster. allows you to keep using your heavy weapons
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4fakesnoop77Posted 3/1/2013 9:42:15 AM
I run a very similar Axton build focused on explosive carnage and what I have includes; -

Casual Ravager (Purple Torgue Shotgun) + most things you mentioned.

I also have a 30% Explosive Relic which helps a lot.

In relation to the question about a shield, I actually find that a Deadly Bloom shield works very well with Axton. It's purple reward and it has an explosive nova damage.

You can also use a Big Boom Blaster which you can buy from a Seraph Vendor in Torgue DLC.

It is also helpful to have some Dahl stuff if you have points in 'Duty Calls'. I find that a solid Scorpio, Veruc and Gwen's Head work well on Axton as 'back pack weapons'
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#5WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:46:01 AM
I'm currently working on getting the shield now, thanks guys. and I'll keep a look out for the seraph weapon, I haven't seen it so far.. I also keep a purple Impetuous Ravager in the backpack as well that does sick damage with this set. Honestly before putting this together my damage with Axton kinda sucked, but now I get better damage than my full fire Siren.
---
#6fakesnoop77Posted 3/1/2013 9:48:27 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
I'm currently working on getting the shield now, thanks guys. and I'll keep a look out for the seraph weapon, I haven't seen it so far.. I also keep a purple Impetuous Ravager in the backpack as well that does sick damage with this set. Honestly before putting this together my damage with Axton kinda sucked, but now I get better damage than my full fire Siren.

Big Boom Blaster is a Seraph Shield.

Built the right way, Axton is OP
---
#7fakesnoop77Posted 3/1/2013 9:49:36 AM
Sorry for the double post but also get this....

http://thegearcalculator.appspot.com/calc?gear=ccB0h7032Hr0eT0TQ0-----xh0
---
#8WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:52:39 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...

Ah. Well, don't I feel dumb haha. So, which would you prefer then? the blaster or the bloom?
---
#9fakesnoop77Posted 3/1/2013 9:56:24 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...

Ah. Well, don't I feel dumb haha. So, which would you prefer then? the blaster or the bloom?

Bloom for running around taking on mobs (especially those who run right at you). Switch to Blaster for raid bosses.
---
#10WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 10:05:31 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...

Bloom for running around taking on mobs (especially those who run right at you). Switch to Blaster for raid bosses.

cool cool. So I'm trying to find the chick that gives the bloom quest in the highlands but I'm not having any luck. Do I need to complete any prereqs?
---