Vermivorous video... legits fighting a behemoth

#1deadlyfredPosted 3/1/2013 8:02:53 PM
Think I might go hunting him again tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fmuxMoEgHU

thanks for watching.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES and not L's)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#2KaBoom1322Posted 3/1/2013 8:05:45 PM
Like this vid.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#3RinglercorpPosted 3/1/2013 8:06:37 PM
I can't get this d-bag to spawn. He is scared of me.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#4DownOfASystemPosted 3/1/2013 8:30:19 PM
Im having a tough time also.
---
"I trainy,I eaty,and I sleepy"
#5PanopictonguyPosted 3/1/2013 9:37:44 PM
If the adults don't keep podding rapidly, like within 5 minutes start over. If they're gonna change they'll do it rapidly. Otherwise there is an extremely small chance they'll continue to evolve.

Me and 2 friends went after verm during the big game hunt weekend. Boy was that crazy. We were levels 43, 45 & 46. We had a few badasses and super badasses scurrying around. The moment we got a Supreme pod I told them to kill everything else. Sadly we didn't have the power to do it fast enough because another varkid managed to rapidly evolve up to ultimate as we panicked and tried to kill it. long story short we ended up fighting 2 Vermivourous at once.

I like to do it at the caustic caverns because he gets distracted by Crysyalisks and he can't kill them quickly. We spent almost an hour wittling there health down. We burned through all our ammo and I ended up using a random jackobs sniper I found on the ground.

one of them was down to about 25% health then randomly suicides off screen so we lose the loot. At this point I'm tired and frustrated. So for the remaining verm that now had full health because we somehow changed the respawn pointI myself infinite ammo. After another 20 minutes one of my friends was rewarded with a Norfleet he couldn't use lol.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#6PanopictonguyPosted 3/1/2013 9:39:37 PM
Oh the best thing you can do against verm is use a weapon with high crit damage and aim for the sweet spot. (lady finger or jackobs snipers)
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#7GreenKnight127Posted 3/2/2013 12:16:00 AM
What's this trick about touching Hyperious' gate?

I know it will trick your game into thinking you are in "raid boss" mode, so even if you are playing solo, the game will think 4 people are playing (you will notice that you pick up all ammo, even if you don't need it, as if you were playing online).....and this somehow helps in the chances of you spawning him.

But what do they mean you just touch Hyperious' gate?

Do you have to hit that switch by his door??? Or do you literally just walk up and touch the closed gate? And that somehow changes everything?

How long does this effect last?

If you save and quit will you still be in that "raid boss" mode even if you load your game back up?

I don't get it.

I have yet to spawn this damned Vermivorous, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I can only get the Varkid up to Ultimate BA....and then it just refuses to evolve further.

Plus, at the farmhouse, those Varkid tend to wander off and disappear if you don't keep them constantly agro'd. So annoying.

My whole team got butchered by an Ultimate BA Varkid the one time, we even had like 2 or 3 super BA running around....and when we all respawned, we ran back in search of the Ultimate....and he was gone.

Nowhere to be found.

How does this happen?
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#8Kylebe515Posted 3/2/2013 12:34:21 AM
I go inside the gate, take a potshot at hyperious, and run out. I do that just to make sure it triggers and check it with an ammo chest before you leave. You cannot save/ quit or it goes away. Also you cannot add or subtract people from your party or this will change it too. I did this on the gear-up weekend and got tired of killing Verms, and got every flavor of norfleet. People say he still spawns 50-60% of the time doing this now,
#9GreenKnight127Posted 3/2/2013 9:58:46 AM
Kylebe515 posted...
I go inside the gate, take a potshot at hyperious, and run out. I do that just to make sure it triggers and check it with an ammo chest before you leave. You cannot save/ quit or it goes away. Also you cannot add or subtract people from your party or this will change it too. I did this on the gear-up weekend and got tired of killing Verms, and got every flavor of norfleet. People say he still spawns 50-60% of the time doing this now,

I thought as soon as you shoot Hyperious, the gate closed behind you?

You said you are going "inside the gate, take a potshot at him"

If you are able to see him in order to shoot him, don't you pretty much have to be inside the room, and then you'd get closed in?
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#10deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:16:15 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Kylebe515 posted...

I thought as soon as you shoot Hyperious, the gate closed behind you?

You said you are going "inside the gate, take a potshot at him"

If you are able to see him in order to shoot him, don't you pretty much have to be inside the room, and then you'd get closed in?

There's enough time to get back out, but taking a shot at him isn't necessary for the trick.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES and not L's)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC