Don't complain; DUPE!

#11Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/2/2013 6:10:07 AM
Even though the odds of contracting Syphilis, pink eye and warts all on the same date are better than getting anything from Doc Mercy, I still don't mind the grind. As a matter of fact, I intend to keep grinding until I snap and run down the street in my underwear, clutching my xbox controller screaming attica, attica ! ... the free lunch and paper gown they give you after this last part aren't half bad.
#12KaBoom1322Posted 3/2/2013 6:15:01 AM
One of the best posts i've read on here.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#13Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/2/2013 6:19:02 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
One of the best posts i've read on here.

lol, good morning Kaboom, been up all night ? The wife and kids are gone today, So I will be grinding and grinding ........ and grinding ............ and ........well.
#14KaBoom1322Posted 3/2/2013 7:21:52 AM
No,i needed the sleep cos i'm ill.At least i have an excuse to play all day.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#15Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/2/2013 7:26:02 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
No,i needed the sleep cos i'm ill.At least i have an excuse to play all day.

That sucks, hope ya feel better soon, now get to grinding ; )
#16diablogamerPosted 3/2/2013 9:19:52 AM
If you think grinding for loot is dumb why are you playing this TC ? If Gearbox ever gets servers and it brings the dupeing cheating etc to an end would you just quit the game ?
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#17GreatTroySensei(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 6:46:14 PM
diablogamer posted...
If you think grinding for loot is dumb why are you playing this TC ? If Gearbox ever gets servers and it brings the dupeing cheating etc to an end would you just quit the game ?

Nah, I already have enough equipment to keep things interesting postgame, and for the DLC's I do dry runs with new characters anyway to keep them interesting.

I just feel like BL2 is more a co-op shooting game than a co-op looting game. It's a fun co-op shooter, but boring to the point of sleep as a looter - maybe if it had an economy or auction house or if they finally had patched duping then there'd be a point to looting, but hey. Maybe if fishes tasted like burgers I'd eat a carp every day. As it stands ain't gonna happen.

I find it hard to see why anyone would think otherwise about the game's most tedious aspect.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#18MGunzCPosted 3/3/2013 12:31:20 AM
To stop the duping, this game would have to be online only - characters subject to the servers - no more ability to save to a USB drive then dump a copy of items in CL4PTP's Super not-so-Secret Stash... Maybe only good for those who LIKE to be controlled. Extremely rare usable items wouldn't be traded unless the owner had two of them or decided to stop playing the game and be charitable.

With the loot system so stingy as it is in this game, prevention of duping would kill it. Even with the duping, I have 2 friends who refuse to play this game anymore because they can't get gear they want to try out without having to grind many, many hours for it. Yes. Go ahead and call them casuals because their wives and jobs take up too much of their life.
#19SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/3/2013 3:02:05 AM
MGunzC posted...
To stop the duping, this game would have to be online only - characters subject to the servers - no more ability to save to a USB drive then dump a copy of items in CL4PTP's Super not-so-Secret Stash... Maybe only good for those who LIKE to be controlled. Extremely rare usable items wouldn't be traded unless the owner had two of them or decided to stop playing the game and be charitable.

With the loot system so stingy as it is in this game, prevention of duping would kill it. Even with the duping, I have 2 friends who refuse to play this game anymore because they can't get gear they want to try out without having to grind many, many hours for it. Yes. Go ahead and call them casuals because their wives and jobs take up too much of their life.

Even if they upped the chances, if they did any of the things that would actually prevent duping (drm, no backups) I think people would quit regardless.

Not worth the payoff. It would cost GB heaps, and it would be a major inconvenience to the player, all to appease a vocal minority that complains on the internet because people are sharing toys.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#20yiangaruuugaPosted 3/3/2013 9:17:52 AM
I don't dupe, nor do I really care about legendaries. I got a CC and Bee my first few attempts, and that's it.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.