If you don't dupe, do you treasure room glitch?

#11kiwimyweeweePosted 3/2/2013 9:36:14 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Brian,i know that dashboarding is kind of an exploit too.I wouldn't put it in the same league as duping though.

Your opinion on the severity of cheating by dashboarding quest rewards is; IRRELEVANT!
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#12brianvolk42Posted 3/2/2013 9:48:28 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Brian,i know that dashboarding is kind of an exploit too.I wouldn't put it in the same league as duping though.

It's not in the same league. However it's not kind of an exploit either. It's a full on exploit. You are using out of game mechanics to manipulate an in game reward. Sounds a little like cheating to me. Again, I have no problem with it. I do it myself. But for everybody who says they don't use exploits but they do this, then I have to call shenanigans. I have no problem admitting to any and all cheating/exploits that I do. What about everyone else?
#13killbot357Posted 3/2/2013 9:54:10 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
Ive always just kinda wondered who the f*** figured out how to do it in the 1st place.

Its just such a convoluted and specific process.

My theory is someone at Gearbox posted a video on YouTube and it took off from there.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#14terabientPosted 3/2/2013 10:14:41 AM(edited)
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
Ive always just kinda wondered who the f*** figured out how to do it in the 1st place.

Its just such a convoluted and specific process.

Not really. The duping/quest farming exploits are ultimately based on a very simple concept: avoiding auto-saves. Once you realize that's the key, then the steps to the exploits are fairly obvious.

I suspect many people discovered the exploits independently, without needing to look it up.

EDIT: I'm stupid and just realized you were talking about the Treasure Room glitch WHOOPS. Sorry XD

That's a little less obvious, but given the abundance of weird invisible walls in the DLC campaign I'm assuming someone just kept trying to find useful ones.
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#15Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/2/2013 10:13:42 AM
Pretty sure that the t room glitch was intentional, a nod to knoxx.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#16deadlyfredPosted 3/2/2013 10:19:34 AM
killbot357 posted...
I do the treasure room glitch. I don't have a problem with friends who play together, find a legendary they all want, and then dupe it for each of them. My problem with duping is it leads to people believing they're entitled to every rare in the game with no work, and then they come begging on this board. The treasure room glitch still requires work, and it's fun to do.

I'm also pretty convinced Gearbox put this glitch in on purpose, otherwise completing the challenge for opening Pirate Chests would take forever.

This is my thoughts on these matters as well.

I really don't see the problem with duping amongst friends and helping out someone who's farmed Mercy for two weeks by giving him an Infinity. He's put in the work, let him have a reward.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES and not L's)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#17KaBoom1322Posted 3/2/2013 10:24:16 AM
I disagree with you Fred.No matter how long someone farms they aren't entitled to anything.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#18brianvolk42Posted 3/2/2013 10:48:03 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
No matter how long someone farms they aren't entitled to anything.

But you are entitled to get the quest reward you want instead of the one the game gives you? How does that logic work exactly?
#19KaBoom1322Posted 3/2/2013 10:54:29 AM
Never said i was entitled.Wanting something and being entitled are 2 different things.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#20xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/2/2013 10:55:51 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...

So you cheat less than everyone else?
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..