If you don't dupe, do you treasure room glitch?

#31xHuckleberryPosted 3/2/2013 12:07:33 PM
Lets settle on this whole entire game is one big awesome glitch. And were all users.

/itches
#32KaBoom1322Posted 3/2/2013 12:22:03 PM
...-_-
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#33shnangyboos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 12:36:31 PM
Seriously, how can you not consider signing out (don't dashboard) until you get the one you want cheating? It's not something that was intended and you have to do the same exact thing you do to dupe for it to work.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#34Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/2/2013 12:47:22 PM
If someone has killed a boss, and hasn't gotten what they wanted, but someone else has, then why not dupe and trade. Each person has done the exact same thing. It is blanket chance.

I've killed bunker for more than a day of playtime w/o a single head dropping.

Duping isn't wrong bc the fame developers artificially lengthened the game with atrocious drop rates.

Nor entitled, but if I get an auditing shock invader someone wants and they have my white death, and weve both farmed the bosses multiple times, I don't see it as wrong.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#35KaBoom1322Posted 3/2/2013 12:49:49 PM
I'm talking about the end result.Farming(no matter if it's dashboarding or not)isn't cheating like duping is.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#36TheismosPosted 3/2/2013 12:56:31 PM
I've never wanted to cheat in this game as bad as when I recently lost all the heads/skins that I put a lot of time and effort into farming. I've resisted the urge to make a "LF all heads/skins" topic but its annoying as hell to put it mildly.

Generally I'm happy to dupe an item if someone has been trying desperately to get something with no luck. I've also done the treasure room/dashboard quest reward farming things. I'm pretty easy going as long as someone isn't expecting everything dropped at their feet on a new character.
#37PanopictonguyPosted 3/2/2013 1:02:15 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
I only use infinite ammo and norfleet everything to death but don't use the evil smasher. Evil smasher is clearly going to far.

Cheating is cheating kaboom.

It's cool though everybody cheats sometimes. Though in this case I will give you some understanding. It can be absolutely possible to not get the specific variation you want, let's say a slag evisceration rubi, by doing a vast amount of playthroughs. Since it's a quest reward there is only one possible way/chance of getting it and that's playing through the whole game twice, which is the only way it's legitimately received.

In the end though it's still circumventing the system just like duping does. Getting items through unnatural means.

EVS Rubi should be one of the most valuable pieces of loot in the game. The more desired and rare an item is the more it's worth to others.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#38xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/2/2013 2:14:02 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...
I'm talking about the end result.Farming(no matter if it's dashboarding or not)isn't cheating like duping is.

You can call it "farming" all you want, its still cheating lol
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
#39PyrosergePosted 3/2/2013 2:26:49 PM
I cheat. I save and quit to respawn bosses to kill tfhem in hopes of getting their orange. :) This whole game is an exploit.
---
GT:Vlad The Bunny PSN:VladTheRabbit
Playing Borderlands 2, Pokemon Black 2
#40grunjmufnPosted 3/2/2013 2:28:30 PM
killbot357 posted...
Dashboarding, using the treasure room glitch, using the Evil Smasher glitch, using the infinite ammo glitch, using the increased bank storage glitch and duping are all cheating.

I wholeheartedly agree. Duping and dashboarding are very closely related, they even take advantage of the same exploit. Dashboarding to manipulate quest rewards may not provide you with more than one copy of the item, but it is clearly cheating.