Gun review - The Evil Smasher (Love it/Hate it)

#31Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/2/2013 6:24:17 PM
I've only ever used it to solo tera. Otherwise I have plenty of kickass gear to kill things.

However, I do think the mechanics of how it begins is intriguing, reminds me of goldeneye and the dual wield different guns trick.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#32SinisterBladePosted 3/2/2013 8:09:43 PM
Kaboom is such a hypocrite. Basically he is trying to convince us all your exploit is wrong and we are so bad for “cheating” but his is fine and he can do it all he wants. Typical. An exploit is an exploit. WAKE UP.

Fred, I believe this would be easier to mend than say the Vladimir ammo trick or possibly even Axton Super speed. Every Vladof launcher save the Mongol has this ability. The Mongol being a single orange could be easily altered, but I feel because of the fact this applied to so many weapons, it maybe too deep. Same with super speed, as it is a playable character specific skill being exploited. How could you fix it without potentially breaking a member of the default cast? Not worth the risk if I was @ GBX. The Evil smasher is the only weapon with this effect, but it would still be a challenge because of swapping and the characters that have skills making it swifter.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#33PanopictonguyPosted 3/2/2013 8:25:45 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
Kaboom is such a hypocrite. Basically he is trying to convince us all your exploit is wrong and we are so bad for “cheating” but his is fine and he can do it all he wants. Typical. An exploit is an exploit. WAKE UP.

Fred, I believe this would be easier to mend than say the Vladimir ammo trick or possibly even Axton Super speed. Every Vladof launcher save the Mongol has this ability. The Mongol being a single orange could be easily altered, but I feel because of the fact this applied to so many weapons, it maybe too deep. Same with super speed, as it is a playable character specific skill being exploited. How could you fix it without potentially breaking a member of the default cast? Not worth the risk if I was @ GBX. The Evil smasher is the only weapon with this effect, but it would still be a challenge because of swapping and the characters that have skills making it swifter.

the same glitch that creates the smasher overflow is the same glitch that gives infinite ammo with vladof launchers. It's also the aame.glitch that applies speaking guns voice to all weapons.

It's something to do with swaping & reloading. Weapons automaticallt reload when you unequip them which would explain why KSS & infinite ammo were initially discovered while unequiping a weapon during reload.

once they figure out how to make all weapon effects not transfer when reloading they can solve the evil smasher & infinite ammo glitch in one swoop. I think they're trying to figure out how to do it without breaking or nullyfing the swap speed stat.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#34PanopictonguyPosted 3/2/2013 8:30:58 PM
Kaboom's argument is that reward resetting isn't as damaging as duping, smashing, invincibility, & infinite ammo.

In a sense it's not becauae it can literally not affect another player unless you stalk someone while playing and continually force them to dashboard from a quest until you get what you want. On the other hand it is obviously cheating because you pretty much control the chances of getting different gun variants.

where as the other glitch can effect other players if you enter their game or they enter yours. It might not be something you'd do, but there are plenty of stupid people who can't enjoy exploiting the game unless they are doing it publicly.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#35SinisterBladePosted 3/2/2013 8:36:22 PM
I understand, but thats not his choice to make. An exploit is an exploit, and he constantly berates people for not playing properly, while not doing the same himself. You cant bash people for doing something when you do the same, regardless of a supposed severity. Im saying his whole crusade is contradictory to his own actions, and now it is known because of his own words. You cant yell at someone for cheating, when you are doing the same thing. His argument is now invalid.
---
What is a man?!
#36SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/2/2013 9:45:32 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Kaboom's argument is that reward resetting isn't as damaging as duping, smashing, invincibility, & infinite ammo.

In a sense it's not becauae it can literally not affect another player unless you stalk someone while playing and continually force them to dashboard from a quest until you get what you want. On the other hand it is obviously cheating because you pretty much control the chances of getting different gun variants.

where as the other glitch can effect other players if you enter their game or they enter yours. It might not be something you'd do, but there are plenty of stupid people who can't enjoy exploiting the game unless they are doing it publicly.

I understand your point, but I find it hard to feel sympathy for you when you expect random players not to act like douchebags in one way or another (no offense). Whether it be cheating, bad teamwork, or ninja looting, there's something.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#37SinisterBladePosted 3/3/2013 1:45:50 AM
Also, its not like booting people is hard, or takes time. Somebody is being a troll, press start and boot them. Its fast and simple. If thats his logic, its tremendously flawed.
---
What is a man?!
#38SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/3/2013 2:54:47 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
Also, its not like booting people is hard, or takes time. Somebody is being a troll, press start and boot them. Its fast and simple. If thats his logic, its tremendously flawed.

Myself, I don't play with other people unless invites are involved. I don't touch matchmaking, and I always have mine set to friends only.

I don't trust randoms not to be dicks in one way or another. I enjoy playing by myself most of the time anyway.
---
#39KaBoom1322Posted 3/3/2013 3:11:58 AM
It's funny how you call me a hypocrite for hating cheating.Dashboarding may be an exploit,but it's harmless.unlikeduping
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#40SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/3/2013 4:27:33 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
It's funny how you call me a hypocrite for hating cheating.Dashboarding may be an exploit,but it's harmless.unlikeduping

Both are harmless.

Unless you consider it harm when some people get upset knowing that other people didn't have to work for stuff.
---