An idea I had for a new playthrough

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. An idea I had for a new playthrough
2 years ago#1
I think it'd be kind of fun to play through, farming each boss until you got his rare drop before proceeding.

IE not moving on past Knuckledragger until he gives up a Hornet, and the same for Boom Bewm.

There would probably have to be some limits put in place, IE ignoring this rule for Flynt, Doc Mercy and Bunker, but it sounds neat. Probably end up high 30s / low 40s without touching any of the DLC, though.

What do you guys think? Obviously if you hate farming, you won't like it, but if Gearbox ever DOES release another DLC character, I might give it a shot.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
2 years ago#2
I like the idea! Although most wouldn't,i may do this in the future.IF you don't mind me using your idea :)
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
2 years ago#3
I think it would be pretty fun (obviously you probably need to avoid mercy and the like. As you said). Youd have some great gear for leveling future characters

I also think doing a run with only found equipment would be fun. No passing gear to the character as they are leveling.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
2 years ago#4
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...

I also think doing a run with only found equipment would be fun. No passing gear to the character as they are leveling.

It really is! I did it a few weeks ago with a new maya. After all the playthroughs of using saved, top level stuff constantly, it was a nice change of pace. It adds sooo much more to the excitement of seeing stuff drop while playing also.

Killbot, that is a wonderful idea. It's crossed my mind a few times as well..... But it would take great patience to pull it off!!
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
2 years ago#5
Jambi_Man posted...

It really is! I did it a few weeks ago with a new maya. After all the playthroughs of using saved, top level stuff constantly, it was a nice change of pace. It adds sooo much more to the excitement of seeing stuff drop while playing also.

Im doing a new playthrough with my brother in law (his 1st). He doesnt follow this site or the wiki or anything. Doesnt even know that duping is a thing. He is loving the game so far.

Really cool having a "pure" experience along with him. I dont dupe or evil smash or anything like that, so our co op game is just us 2 enjoying the game.

Its great talking to him about the game because he has nothing but a pure experience thus far. Definitely a breathe of fresh air since its tough to find a thread around here that doesnt turn into an argument over duping or smashing or something.

I really dont care too much how others play so long as they dont go into games with people who dont want it. If they enjoy it, whatever. Im just getting a bit weary seeing the same arguments over and over
---
2 years ago#6
everyone would stop after reaching the 3rd boss
---
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1601/calligsign.jpg
2 years ago#7
I've been considering a playthrough with Axton and ONLY USING Dahl items.
---
"I need to build you an extra arm JUST for high-fives!"
2 years ago#8
MechOf17th posted...

Manufacturer loyalty builds are really fun too. Never done it for an entire playthrough, but ive done entire loadouts from a single manufacturer before
---
2 years ago#9
Might do a vladof loyalty build...with Zer0.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
2 years ago#10
MechOf17th posted...

Manufacturer loyalty builds are really fun too. Never done it for an entire playthrough, but ive done entire loadouts from a single manufacturer before

Well what sparked my interest was one day I was just in sanctuary throwing out my turret on roofs and what not.. and I see "dahl" on his turret. SO.. finding out he was a Dahl soldier, i thought it would be neat to fully act as one.
---
"I need to build you an extra arm JUST for high-fives!"
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. An idea I had for a new playthrough

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived