My name is 8luedevil and I am a "casual"

#218luedevil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 11:32:48 AM
Steve0314 posted...
8luedevil posted...
I used to think the term "casual" was an insult but as I took a look at my life and saw that I have a wife, kids, a job and a life that JUST happened to involve "casually" playing video games like Borderlands 2 that I realized that I may have a problem.

If anyone else just "casually" plays this game, please post here. I could use the support...

I don't really want to lose my wife, kids and normal life but I am afraid if I want to stop being a "casual" I may have to do so. After all I think that is step three in recovery from being a "casual".

I too am a casual that suffers from this disease known as "a life". I hear some Scientists in Germany are working on a cure but until then I go to regular treatments... These treatments include playing borderlands for more than 1 hour at a time and regularly putting off due dates along with family... Soon my friend we will join the elite gamers... Soon... soon.

I must join this treatment program! Thank you for the heads up Steve. We all need to stick together to beat this disease of casualness.
---
I have been listening but I don't think it is helping.
#22KaBoom1322Posted 3/3/2013 11:36:14 AM
lol.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#23TrazielPosted 3/3/2013 11:42:46 AM
2 cents.

This game doesn't require enough skill to even allow the term "casual" to be used in the context people use it for on this board.

A fighting game. A competitive multiplayer fps. A racing game. Things that require a certain amount of dexterity and know-how. But saying a borderlands player is casual is like saying a tic tac toe player is casual. It's just ... unnecessary. Lol.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#248luedevil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 11:51:46 AM
Traziel posted...
2 cents.

This game doesn't require enough skill to even allow the term "casual" to be used in the context people use it for on this board.

A fighting game. A competitive multiplayer fps. A racing game. Things that require a certain amount of dexterity and know-how. But saying a borderlands player is casual is like saying a tic tac toe player is casual. It's just ... unnecessary. Lol.

I think you are correct but I am still confused that the term is still, often thrown around slanderously on this board;-)
---
#258luedevil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:48:32 PM
I am sorry everyone but I should have thought of this before I posted this topic...

There is an easy way to stop being a "casual" and I will share it with you all. This morning I got up and wanted to play some Borderlands 2 so I simply went out and bought a tuxedo. Sure it took me a few hours to be fitted and some cash to rush getting it tailored but as I am now sitting down to play, in a cummerbund, bow tie and tails I finally feel I am not just a casual gamer.

I feel much better about myself for not casually playing this game,
---
#26KaBoom1322Posted 3/3/2013 12:52:14 PM
A failed,desperate attempt at humour.
---
#27RinglercorpPosted 3/3/2013 1:28:06 PM
8luedevil posted...
I am sorry everyone but I should have thought of this before I posted this topic...

There is an easy way to stop being a "casual" and I will share it with you all. This morning I got up and wanted to play some Borderlands 2 so I simply went out and bought a tuxedo. Sure it took me a few hours to be fitted and some cash to rush getting it tailored but as I am now sitting down to play, in a cummerbund, bow tie and tails I finally feel I am not just a casual gamer.

I feel much better about myself for not casually playing this game,

Someone snapped a pic of you...

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/boy-in-tuxedo-playing-pocket-video-game-high-res-stock-photography/EC6894-001?Language=en-US
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#28xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/3/2013 1:29:29 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...
A failed,desperate attempt at humour.

I'm pretty sure kpts wife, whom he called a casual himself, has a higher bar than you...
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
#29KaBoom1322Posted 3/3/2013 1:37:53 PM
No relevance to my post.Stop trying to start arguments you attention seeking whore.
---
#30xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/3/2013 2:04:44 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...
No relevance to my post.Stop trying to start arguments you attention seeking whore.

There isn't any argument that needs to be started, you lose.
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..