Fooling around with Zer0

#11Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/4/2013 10:29:14 AM
Jkickit posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?513151300051055103510000000000

Ugh, why split Skill Points up like that?
Needs more 5/5's.

for one, to accommodate my class mod so that i dont miss out on a bonus 5 points with counterstrike. having 5/5 in CS is not necessary to this build as it is not melee centric, but why waste 5 points from the COM.

no 5/5 in velocity because doing that means i have to drop death blossom. not something im willing to do. if i get a few more levels, the 1st extra points are going into velocity.

as far as having a pt in optics and precision instead of 5/5 in killer, i already stated that i use both. it just depends on my mood, and what im doing.

i use this build against raid bosses quite often where kill skills aren't particularly useful due to the lack of trash mobs.

when fighting normal mobs, the difference in bonuses from 3/5 in killer i rarely enough to make a difference in my getting a kill or not getting a kill.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#12inebriantiaPosted 3/4/2013 10:39:23 AM
Jkickit posted...

Needs more 5/5's.

A lot of class mods add 4 points into multiple abilities, freeing you up to max out other options. Why dump 5 points into 1 skill when you can use that 5 points to almost max 2 skills. Also, not every skill requires 5/5 to be effective, allowing you allocate points into those skills that need them. Sometimes having too many 5/5's is wasting points.
---
Remember Kids.. You Know Enough! ---- G.I. Jose
GT: GbHaseo---Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Persona 4, .Hack//Mutation
#13Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/4/2013 10:47:18 AM
inebriantia posted...
Jkickit posted...

Needs more 5/5's.

A lot of class mods add 4 points into multiple abilities, freeing you up to max out other options. Why dump 5 points into 1 skill when you can use that 5 points to almost max 2 skills. Also, not every skill requires 5/5 to be effective, allowing you allocate points into those skills that need them. Sometimes having too many 5/5's is wasting points.

exactly. i have no reason to max counterstrike for a non melee build, but having either 6 points vs 0 for the cost of only one skill point is worth the investment. id dump CS if it wasnt on my mod, but for 1 point to achieve 6/5, its worth the value.

also explains why i dont use a purple version of a disturbed stalker COM. the 3rd skill on a purple is followthrough on the bloodshed tree. it is NOT worth the investment of points it takes to get to that skill for a gun centered build, so im better off using a blue which gives 6 to rising shot, and 5 to CS.
---
#14gunsndrosesPosted 3/4/2013 11:40:02 AM
Critical ascension is amazing. I never enjoyed the whole kunai ninja melee thing, alls I've wanted to do is snipe- critical ascension lets you do that, in a fun and effective way.
---
World at War was the best CoD.
#15Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/4/2013 12:05:43 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Critical ascension is amazing. I never enjoyed the whole kunai ninja melee thing, alls I've wanted to do is snipe- critical ascension lets you do that, in a fun and effective way.

in theory, it is great. in my own experience though it leaves a lot to be desired. the stacks decay too quickly to make it usable over extended periods. it is depleted to 0 between all but the most closely staged battles.

i also find that the critical bonus is not particularly useful when a single normal critcal is plenty to dispatch most mob enemies.

it has some use in tackling bosses with easy to hit critical spots, but overall for my money it just isnt as good as death blossom in its utility.

to each his own though. thats why i suggested that he might as well give it a shot. some may like it, while others wont. you wont know for sure until you give it a try yourself.
---
#16SinisterBladePosted 3/4/2013 1:50:56 PM
It has its standout uses, like against immobile enemies with easy to strike weak areas, but large bulk. Constructors are the best example, as an ever increasing crit% combined with rising shot is very damage heavy. Also lf note is once at least one stack becomes semi-permanent, you have a virtually constant bonus and start @ stack 2 after your first crit.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!