PLOTHOLE (spoilers)

#150percentGrayPosted 3/4/2013 10:20:07 AM
I have one question that suggests a plothole:

If the player is able to be reborn via the Respawn station, then why didn't Roland do so when Jack killed him? He was able to in the first game, as we all know, but why wouldn't he now?

Doesn't that plothole bother you??
#2R0880Posted 3/4/2013 10:22:39 AM
New-U stations do not exist for the purposes of the narrative.
---
Saturday is treat day.
#3PyrosergePosted 3/4/2013 10:23:04 AM
Roland forgot his wallet.
---
GT:Vlad The Bunny PSN:VladTheRabbit
Playing Borderlands 2, Pokemon Black 2
#4resealablePosted 3/4/2013 10:25:06 AM
Didn't pass the credit check.
---
I have not yet written a signature because I am busy giving back to the community via the drugs I sell them.
#53CDEDPosted 3/4/2013 10:25:52 AM
50percentGray posted...
I have one question that suggests a plothole:

If the player is able to be reborn via the Respawn station, then why didn't Roland do so when Jack killed him? He was able to in the first game, as we all know, but why wouldn't he now?

Doesn't that plothole bother you??

hyperion owns the New U system and cut off his membership?

the devs say New U's are a gameplay device not a plot device but tbh i think its a cop out. they could just as easily have written them in.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8175/7893178812_4c1ab3d4cd_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#6TheIastspartanPosted 3/4/2013 10:29:25 AM
Following this logic, Jack should've came back too. Would've been a pretty cool reason to make him grind-able.
#750percentGray(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:35:18 AM
TheIastspartan posted...
Following this logic, Jack should've came back too. Would've been a pretty cool reason to make him grind-able.

I know, right? Maybe Angel planted a bug in the Hyperion network to cut him off from New-U service?
#8link10020Posted 3/4/2013 11:03:58 AM
in the first game the DAHL corporation owned the new-U stations, Hyperion owns the new-U stations in the second game. Roland's Data would have been stored in the DAHL database before they high tailed it off planet. if it wasn't taken with them Hyperion would have destroyed it knowing the original vault hunters would not be able to respawn.
#9TsurukePosted 3/4/2013 11:12:15 AM
Except, Gearbox has confirmed that the New-U Stations are not cannon.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#10infinite9Posted 3/4/2013 11:13:30 AM
The New-U devices are simply gameplay mechanics and are not part of the actual story. Any jokes referencing the New-U devices are just for the players.

It's kind of like how killing something while dying saves you from death or getting shot in the leg doesn't cripple your character.

The one thing I wonder is how Roland didn't have a shield. I'm pretty sure shields are part of the narrative and not just a gameplay mechanic.
---
XBL Gamertag: infinite9