Best level to use a Golden Key?

#1HaloDad020508Posted 3/4/2013 6:13:46 PM
I got a Golden Key when I got the Mechromancer DLC a few days ago. It said the higher your level the better the loot will be. Is there a preffered level range that really gives me a chance to get some great loot?
---
Playing Borderlands 2, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.
Anticipating Hitman HD, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.
#2HappyGoNowherePosted 3/4/2013 6:18:08 PM
Neh, not really. Just use them every few levels if you feel you need some fancy new gear.

They throw new ones out fairly regularly anyway.
#3K_MAC445Posted 3/4/2013 6:18:47 PM
just use it whenever you need a good weapon, if you waited until level 50 to use it obviously you would get the best loot, but by that time you could farm for lvl 50 legendaries that would most likely outclass anything you got anyways. Gold keys arent a massive deal, all it does is give you purple weapons.
---
"if you can chainbs well then putting on hornets is like giving Michael Phelps arm floats" -Dex_Pyromaniac
GT: RANNOK445
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/4/2013 6:19:59 PM
use it whenever you get to a point where you're having a tough time. the loot from the chest will be at your characters level. not really worth waiting until 50 as you'll be spending your time at level 50 farming for good gear and there are good options for purple other than the chest.

the difficulty ramps up around level 40, so having some nice rare gear around that level is very helpful.

also, there was a shift code posted yesterday good for 5 keys. expires today. cant say for sure if its still good though.

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5capnovanPosted 3/4/2013 6:20:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6brianvolk42Posted 3/4/2013 6:22:04 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
use it whenever you get to a point where you're having a tough time. the loot from the chest will be at your characters level. not really worth waiting until 50 as you'll be spending your time at level 50 farming for good gear and there are good options for purple other than the chest.

the difficulty ramps up around level 40, so having some nice rare gear around that level is very helpful.

also, there was a shift code posted yesterday good for 5 keys. expires today. cant say for sure if its still good though.

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]

All very true. BTW, the code is now active through March 5th. They extended it a day because of PSN being messed up.
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/4/2013 6:25:13 PM
brianvolk42 posted...

All very true. BTW, the code is now active through March 5th. They extended it a day because of PSN being messed up.

i thought the extension was for PS3 only, but i could be wrong. might as well enter it ASAP though anyways
---
#8brianvolk42Posted 3/4/2013 6:40:06 PM
brianvolk42 posted...

i thought the extension was for PS3 only, but i could be wrong. might as well enter it ASAP though anyways

All platforms according to Gearbox Facebook page. No reason to wait though.
#9Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/4/2013 6:46:22 PM
brianvolk42 posted...
brianvolk42 posted...

All platforms according to Gearbox Facebook page. No reason to wait though.

Cool. Didnt pay too much attention to their post since id already redeemed it
---