Ummm... WTF just happened???

#1smexyweskyPosted 3/4/2013 9:10:32 PM
Ok so im playing borderlands 2 in the last round of the arena Fighting a lvl 3 Goliath i believe. Ok so im about to kill him and my game says disc is UNREADABLE. But heres the thing... I bought the digital Games on demand version of it. So again as my topic.. WTF just happened???
---
MarioKartWiiFC: 2106-1622-1228
#2capnovanPosted 3/4/2013 9:11:30 PM
what happened was you bought the digital version.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3SythisTaruPosted 3/4/2013 9:34:52 PM
Hmmm, just clearing you harddrive cache, and if worst comes to worst, redownload the game. Your saves will still be there.
#4xHuckleberryPosted 3/4/2013 11:10:50 PM
I notice more and more people having this problem.

doesnt surprise me tho, gbxlove.
#5TheSaucePosted 3/4/2013 11:26:48 PM
Weird, I got this same error message for the first time the other day, and happened twice in a row, but only when someone joined my game, so after the second time, I switched to 'Offline' and played for a while. Later, I switched back to Live and haven't had the error since.

Also, my disc is flawless.
---
#6Vlad_Impaler7Posted 3/6/2013 10:36:44 AM
It's you're hard drive that's going bad.

I had an issue several months ago where no matter what game I put in eventually I would get the "This disk is unreadable error" at some point while I was playing. The disks were all scratch free and some were brand new. So naturally I thought my disk drive was going bad.

I did some research to see f it could possibly be something else. After trying several different things I came across a post on some message board where someone said they had the same error while playing an Xbox Live Arcade game and were perplexed as to how this was possible. And a response to that was "the hard drive is a disk too"

So I put all my games that I was currently playing on a portable external hard drive formatted to my Xbox and removed my internal hard drive. I've not had any problems since.

It sucks since my internal xbox hard drive was 250 gb and those aren't cheap to replace. But it's better than replacing the entire Xbox.

So tl:dr

Yeah it's your hard drive that's going bad.
---
"Bingo!!!" - Bayman, Dead Or Alive series
XBOX Live Gamertag: Vlad Impaler7
#7PanopictonguyPosted 3/6/2013 11:43:25 AM
This is a problem with DLC. I remember someone posting about it before. I think when someone tries to join your game with DLC items it'll give you a disc read error if you don't have the appropriate content downloaded.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3119686
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#8AngelWiingsPosted 3/6/2013 1:37:23 PM
It's you're hard drive that's going bad.

I had an issue several months ago where no matter what game I put in eventually I would get the "This disk is unreadable error" at some point while I was playing. The disks were all scratch free and some were brand new. So naturally I thought my disk drive was going bad.

I did some research to see f it could possibly be something else. After trying several different things I came across a post on some message board where someone said they had the same error while playing an Xbox Live Arcade game and were perplexed as to how this was possible. And a response to that was "the hard drive is a disk too"

So I put all my games that I was currently playing on a portable external hard drive formatted to my Xbox and removed my internal hard drive. I've not had any problems since.

It sucks since my internal xbox hard drive was 250 gb and those aren't cheap to replace. But it's better than replacing the entire Xbox.

So tl:dr

Yeah it's your hard drive that's going bad.

That's what happened with me. No matter how many disks I tried I got the disk unreadable at some point (this was only when it was installed; it was fine otherwise). I got a USB drive to store everything onto instead and have had no problems since :)
---
Playing: MC, RB3 (xbox), BL2 http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelWiingsD
http://i55.tinypic.com/icut7o.jpg