Non Elemental vs Corrosive

#1AxelPoePosted 3/4/2013 10:05:59 PM
I noticed that corrosive does more damage on flesh, then Fire does on robots. Corrosive deals DoT, though Non Elemental have a higher damage. So I was thinking, which is the better all around gun... Non Elemental or Corrosive?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#2fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/4/2013 10:07:18 PM
Explosive
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#3WretchedOwlPosted 3/4/2013 10:29:22 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...
Explosive

---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#4AlleRacingPosted 3/5/2013 12:33:26 AM
Explosive

That said, normal damage will be better than corrosive damage all around. The reason why you notice such a massive difference using fire on loaders is because fire gets a 0.1 damage multiplier against loaders, and a 0.4 damage multiplier against other armoured targets, such as buzzards or soldiers. Meanwhile, corrosive only has to deal with a 0.6 damage multiplier against flesh. Both get a 1.75 multiplier toward their weakness. So, overall, corrosive is at least better all around than incendiary is.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/5/2013 2:19:33 AM
Shock
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#6Carlito424Posted 3/5/2013 12:53:50 PM
So in the end does explosive do more damage than corrosive? I'm always stalling before the mission 'A Dam Fine Rescue' because

*spoilers*

I know I'm gonna be fighting the mech bots. I always I have a crap load of explosive weapons but I always try to grind for corrosive weapons before this mission.
#7fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/5/2013 1:03:26 PM
Carlito424 posted...
So in the end does explosive do more damage than corrosive? I'm always stalling before the mission 'A Dam Fine Rescue' because

*spoilers*

I know I'm gonna be fighting the mech bots. I always I have a crap load of explosive weapons but I always try to grind for corrosive weapons before this mission.

It's just that explosive weapons are just all around good weapons for almost all situations. The only two enemies I can think off the top of my head that resist explosive are verm and assassin oney.
---
#8jloewensteinPosted 3/5/2013 1:16:16 PM
yep, but explosive ammo has slow speed, what can be bad with fast enemies.

Paper, rock, scissor. There's a place and an enemy for any kind of ammo. We have backpacks, can carry lots of weapons, the "weapon that fits in every situation" is a futile utopia.
#9fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/5/2013 1:18:29 PM
jloewenstein posted...
yep, but explosive ammo has slow speed, what can be bad with fast enemies.

Paper, rock, scissor. There's a place and an enemy for any kind of ammo. We have backpacks, can carry lots of weapons, the "weapon that fits in every situation" is a futile utopia.

Non-elemetal infinity
---
#10Carlito424Posted 3/5/2013 1:18:42 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...
Carlito424 posted...

*spoilers*

It's just that explosive weapons are just all around good weapons for almost all situations. The only two enemies I can think off the top of my head that resist explosive are verm and assassin oney.

That's good to know, I always thought I would be doomed without corrosive weapons. Thanx man