what is your favorite all around gun of each type?

#21Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/6/2013 5:58:58 AM
Pistol - Hornet
SMG - B* tch
Shotgun - Blockhead
Sniper - Night Sniper (Dahl purple)
RL - Norfleet
AR - Horse Cannon -(Jackobs purple)
#22innersmokePosted 3/6/2013 7:38:20 AM
Well since we said favorite not best...

Pistol- unkempt Harold
Smg- bandit plasma caster (crazy good at close range)
Shotgun- bandit etech shotgun
Sniper- vladof etech
Assault- vladof etech
Rocket- badaboom
Grenade- meteor shower

I go for a shock and awe approach
---
GT- Innersmoke
#23RoketomanPosted 3/6/2013 10:20:25 AM
I have only recently been actively trying to farm for gear, but so far:

Pistol: Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold
SMG: B****
Shotgun: IDK, was the CC before the Bee nerf
Sniper: Tumtum Hawkeye
Rocket Launcher: I don't have any good ones.
Assault Rifle: Veruc(s) so far, got quite a few farming for a white death.
---
Christ is Lord
#24jloewensteinPosted 3/6/2013 10:47:57 AM
Pistol - Harold and Anarquists
Shotgun - Interfacer and the ones with cool animations, like twister, deliverance, etc
SMG - Biaaaatch (used to be the slagga, not anymore)
RL - PBFGs (don't have a Norfleet yet, want so bad)
AR - Boss Gatling and Vladof's
Sniper Rifle - oh hell, don't ask me to choose... ok, the Skookum Hawkeye, in a conservative perspective of "what a sniper rifle is"

But talking about sniper rifles, I've noticed some love for the Skookum Cobra, in this topic. Now that I have one, I can ask - why? Can't be the power. Serious, my Hawie makes at least 300k more damage in criticals, with the bee. The Venture Longbow more than 500k! The thing sucks for long ranges and fast enemies (girogets...), the fire rate is bad, and the recoil is... Jackobs. The only good thing is the sound effect (exploosions). Confess, you like it because it's pink and girlish.
#25calistud4evPosted 3/6/2013 11:07:59 AM
Explosive sniper rifles ruled in the first game. Not just the "Cobra"(Bl1). I think that, along with this being the only one in BL2. The rarest sniper rifle, if not the rarest item in the game. That type of nostalgia mixed with the work and sure joy when aquiring one is reason enough. Another thing is 30k base explosive damage is solid. It works in every situation. You stated your Hawkeye does 300k with CRITICALS and the BEE. I have no opinion on the longbow lol. I've also never had a problem aquiring long range shots with my cobra. Ever try hip firing with a cobra? Awesome! There's just so many things I like about the cobra. Trust me, pink camo isn't one of then. Its all personal preference. I do like discussing these things though. We need more threads like this one.
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#26nicktar8Posted 3/6/2013 11:16:26 AM
Pistol-Gub
SMG- Hellfire
Shotgun-Sledges
Assault Rifle- Kitty
Sniper- Cobra/Volcano
Launcher- Nukem
---
Hoof hearted
Ice melted
#27jloewensteinPosted 3/6/2013 11:37:00 AM
calistud4ev posted...
Explosive sniper rifles ruled in the first game. Not just the "Cobra"(Bl1). I think that, along with this being the only one in BL2. The rarest sniper rifle, if not the rarest item in the game. That type of nostalgia mixed with the work and sure joy when aquiring one is reason enough. Another thing is 30k base explosive damage is solid. It works in every situation. You stated your Hawkeye does 300k with CRITICALS and the BEE. I have no opinion on the longbow lol. I've also never had a problem aquiring long range shots with my cobra. Ever try hip firing with a cobra? Awesome! There's just so many things I like about the cobra. Trust me, pink camo isn't one of then. Its all personal preference. I do like discussing these things though. We need more threads like this one.

We certainly need!! I can talk about weapons and sniping and advanced techiques of mass murdering all day, and is difficult to do it IRL without being considered a sociopathic extremist.

But you right, maybe the issue with the cobra is not that it is overated - it is overdesired. So, when you finaly put your hands over... Dude, I expected so much more of a Jackobs/Torque jointventure. Gonna try it from the hip, anyway, a good opportunity to put some points in that obscure part of sniper three, "at one with the gun".

And about the "pink girlish" trollbait... ahah sorry, irresistible.
#28WretchedOwlPosted 3/6/2013 11:47:22 AM
I'm surprised no one else has put down the Volcano for their favorite sniper..

I've hit over 2mil crit with this thing on my siren using the legendary mod and a 30% fire damage relic.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#29R0880Posted 3/6/2013 11:49:03 AM
Pistol - Harold/Rubi
SMG - B***h/Sandhawk
Shotgun - Interfacer/Ravager
Assault Rifle - Hail
Sniper - Cobra/White Death
Launcher - Norfleet/Creamer

One choice for each category was too hard :( Except ARs lol.
---
Saturday is treat day.
#30jloewensteinPosted 3/6/2013 12:03:52 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
I'm surprised no one else has put down the Volcano for their favorite sniper..

I've hit over 2mil crit with this thing on my siren using the legendary mod and a 30% fire damage relic.

A beast against flesh, indeed, really like it. But have this problem (the same of the longbow, another monster), fire only, and there's shields and armor everywhere in TVHM.

I'm kind of discovering Maliwan stuff, recently. The Chère Amie, for example. Reasonable damage (barking version), comes in any element and, sweet bonus, heals you.