Does Gunzerker suck? I just lost to Wilhelm. WILHELM!

#1Maximus40Posted 3/6/2013 9:27:51 AM
Wilhelm is probably the biggest joke of an overhyped boss I've encountered in video game history, and I lost to him soloing as a Gunzerker.

I've never had this much trouble in TVHM with any other class, but I just get mauled easily and don't seem to do enough damage with a Gunzerker.

Am I doing something wrong or does this class just suck?
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#2jreed1337Posted 3/6/2013 9:31:15 AM
in my experience, he is hands down the easiest for soloing. possibly axton cuz of the turret, but Sal shreds just about anything.
---
1+3+3=7
#3jenbecklerPosted 3/6/2013 9:32:55 AM
He did get a health buff if I'm not mistaken. So, idk...
---
GT: JenMeister07
#4PTP2009Posted 3/6/2013 9:34:24 AM
I actually took him down in like 5 seconds, using the teapot and a corrosive SMG. I don't know what to suggest if you're having trouble...
#5Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:35:43 AM
The thing I'm noticing is that every character's action skill is in some way defensive except for Sal's. I mean yeah, you get a health boost and regen with the right skills but you can still get annihilated because you need to be out in the open to get the most of the action skill.

I'm having a terrible time with this class.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#6killbot357Posted 3/6/2013 9:43:43 AM
Wilhelm is overhyped on purpose. You're supposed to kill him easily, and bring his shield core back to Sanctuary.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#7jreed1337Posted 3/6/2013 9:55:28 AM
dual wield corrosive weapons and wreck him. sounds like a gear issue to me, he's one of the easiest bosses in the game.
---
1+3+3=7
#8jloewensteinPosted 3/6/2013 10:07:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9genesis42Posted 3/6/2013 10:27:13 AM
Maximus40 posted...
Am I doing something wrong or does this class just suck?

You're doing something horribly wrong. If you're under leveled, go do some side quests. If your gear isn't up to par, check / farm the vendors. If you need a good corrosive weapon, go tip Moxxi for the Bad Touch or go get the Teapot off Tiny Tina. Respec, and approach him from a different angle if the set up that you're currently using isn't working out.. Keep a fair bit of distance against him at all times and take out his Shield Surveyors asap.

I'm not too sure what else to suggest since he should be incredibly easy. Good luck.
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#10Evil SquallPosted 3/6/2013 10:37:51 AM
Wilhelm kicked me and my buddies ass the first time we fought him. Both died multiple times during that fight. All the other runs ive done though he went down super quick. No idea why we got so destroyed fighting him the first time.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything