So a buddy of mine and I found 5 legendaries within the first 30 minutes...

#1Soviet_PolandPosted 3/6/2013 3:38:34 PM
I just picked up Borderlands 2 (Never having played the first). I got a character up to about 9, but then a buddy of mine came over so we both started new guys (split screen).

By the time we get to Liar's berg, when we got the quest to clear the area after the bandits from the beast things, we had 3 legendary pistols drop, a legendary smg, and a legendary grenade.

Now this seems like a statistical impossibility, not only considering the fact the smg was level 10 (we were level 2). I don't remember at what point we opened up connectivity to allow people in our game session.

Which is more likely, some low level beginner enemies dropping that many orange items, or someone joined our game and dropped all the oranges to us and we happened to run into the most gracious players ever?
#2Jambi_ManPosted 3/6/2013 3:44:22 PM
Has to be the latter, I'd say. I can understand a run of great luck, but a level 2-5 enemy wouldn't drop a level 10 item. The bullymongs aren't bosses, there's no way regular enemies would even drop 2 in one area, let alone 5.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#3killbot357Posted 3/6/2013 3:44:52 PM
If someone else joined your game and you found a bunch of low level oranges, he dropped them for you.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2
#4TsurukePosted 3/6/2013 3:46:16 PM
were either of you playing as Gaige by any chance?
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#5Soviet_Poland(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:02:03 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Has to be the latter, I'd say. I can understand a run of great luck, but a level 2-5 enemy wouldn't drop a level 10 item. The bullymongs aren't bosses, there's no way regular enemies would even drop 2 in one area, let alone 5.

Yeah, that makes sense. One of the pistols was level 9 as well (When I switched it to my main, I was shocked to realize it has infinite ammo!).

I guess the next 10 levels or so will likely be pretty easy with these weapons <_<
#6Soviet_Poland(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:02:31 PM
Tsuruke posted...
were either of you playing as Gaige by any chance?

Is gaige one of the characters? I think one of us was the assassin and the other was the gunzerker.
#7TsurukePosted 3/6/2013 4:19:13 PM
Ah, nevermind. I just had a theory and seeing how either of your weren't the Mechromancer -- that theory doesn't apply.
I'd have to say someone might have dropped them.
---
#8brianvolk42Posted 3/6/2013 4:43:08 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Ah, nevermind. I just had a theory and seeing how either of your weren't the Mechromancer -- that theory doesn't apply.
I'd have to say someone might have dropped them.

Out of curiosity, what was your theory?
#9TsurukePosted 3/6/2013 4:55:08 PM
That gaige has some kind of hidden underlining "Luck" over the rest of the characters. Based off off 7 saves, 2 of which are gaige and I was able to get more legendary equipment through her (on both saves) over anyone else.

Granted, random drops are random -- but I am led to believe that she might have some sort of "boost" factor hidden behind her.
---
#10pOtEmKiN_1914Posted 3/6/2013 5:28:01 PM
killbot357 posted...
If someone else joined your game and you found a bunch of low level oranges, he dropped them for you.

^This what really happen.

Nothing to see here.
---
You're either The New NEXUS or you're against Us