A couple explosive Axton questions.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. A couple explosive Axton questions.
3 years ago#1
So I'm currently running an explosive Axton build, as mentioned above, and its pretty badass no doubt.

My normal rotation includes the Cobra as a sniper and a Meteor Shower (dmg 69k x12)

I was just wondering if people prefer the Longbow over the Cobra or not for this type of build. I've never used a Longbow before, as I still can't get one to drop, but I'm wondering if its something I should more actively pursue.

As for the Meteor Shower, I just can't find anything out there that's better as far as explosives go, but a close second might be my Bouncing Bonny. Any suggestions for a better grenade?
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
3 years ago#2
Cobra all the way man.
Just such a better weapon.

Meteor shower is amazing for axton, and like you said the bouncing bonnie is a good bet too. If you have some spare crystals get yourself an explosive Crossfire. I really like the duration and area of effect on it.

For some serious damage output though...
Dont think I'm crazy..
Get yourself a longbow slag singularity.
These bad boys are just massive mob killers.
Line up your targets and fire some explosive rounds to deal some serious damage.
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
3 years ago#3
Now that you mention it, a singularity does sound like a good idea for large crowds. and I'll keep my eye out for a crossfire, I've never actually used one before.
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
3 years ago#4
WretchedOwl posted...
So I'm currently running an explosive Axton build, as mentioned above, and its pretty badass no doubt.

My normal rotation includes the Cobra as a sniper and a Meteor Shower (dmg 69k x12)

I was just wondering if people prefer the Longbow over the Cobra or not for this type of build. I've never used a Longbow before, as I still can't get one to drop, but I'm wondering if its something I should more actively pursue.

As for the Meteor Shower, I just can't find anything out there that's better as far as explosives go, but a close second might be my Bouncing Bonny. Any suggestions for a better grenade?

Want to try out a longbow ? I got one to drop last night, you are welcome to try it out. Consider it a loan, if you like it, it's yours.
A pessimist is just a optimist with more experience. XBL:GrandPa40
3 years ago#5
I appreciate the offer, but I prefer to get my own loot most of the time. and as mentioned before, I figure I'm better off with the Cobra anyway. Thanks though.
3 years ago#6
WretchedOwl posted...
I appreciate the offer, but I prefer to get my own loot most of the time. and as mentioned before, I figure I'm better off with the Cobra anyway. Thanks though.

No problem ; )
A pessimist is just a optimist with more experience. XBL:GrandPa40
3 years ago#7
Explosive axton is my next build. Rather than respeccing my level 50, I am playing through the game again. Only level 15.. right now though lol.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
3 years ago#8
Just wondering how does an explosive axtons skill tree look like
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
3 years ago#9
I also plan on using a cobra on my axton. Just not sure which is the best. I heard tiny tinas would be the best. I'm not sure why though.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
3 years ago#10
This is my rough build for Axton right now. I may be slightly out on some points; -

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?50055150415005014200011000000000

This build focuses on a mixture of explosives and AR damage.

Equipment I use; -

Torgue Ravager
DP Unkempt Harold
Scorpio
Mongol (FFYL)
Deadly Bloom shield or Big Boom Blaster

I also keep a lot of Dahl stuff in my back pack to take advantage of 'Duty Calls' skill

I also have a +30% explosive relic and also switch around between a Rifleman Mod, Heavy Gunner Mod or Sheriffs Badge Relic depending on the situation.
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. A couple explosive Axton questions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived