A couple explosive Axton questions.

#1WretchedOwlPosted 3/7/2013 5:03:25 AM
So I'm currently running an explosive Axton build, as mentioned above, and its pretty badass no doubt.

My normal rotation includes the Cobra as a sniper and a Meteor Shower (dmg 69k x12)

I was just wondering if people prefer the Longbow over the Cobra or not for this type of build. I've never used a Longbow before, as I still can't get one to drop, but I'm wondering if its something I should more actively pursue.

As for the Meteor Shower, I just can't find anything out there that's better as far as explosives go, but a close second might be my Bouncing Bonny. Any suggestions for a better grenade?
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#2Azrael0206Posted 3/7/2013 5:11:07 AM
Cobra all the way man.
Just such a better weapon.

Meteor shower is amazing for axton, and like you said the bouncing bonnie is a good bet too. If you have some spare crystals get yourself an explosive Crossfire. I really like the duration and area of effect on it.

For some serious damage output though...
Dont think I'm crazy..
Get yourself a longbow slag singularity.
These bad boys are just massive mob killers.
Line up your targets and fire some explosive rounds to deal some serious damage.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#3WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 5:18:57 AM
Now that you mention it, a singularity does sound like a good idea for large crowds. and I'll keep my eye out for a crossfire, I've never actually used one before.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#4Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/7/2013 5:24:43 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
So I'm currently running an explosive Axton build, as mentioned above, and its pretty badass no doubt.

My normal rotation includes the Cobra as a sniper and a Meteor Shower (dmg 69k x12)

I was just wondering if people prefer the Longbow over the Cobra or not for this type of build. I've never used a Longbow before, as I still can't get one to drop, but I'm wondering if its something I should more actively pursue.

As for the Meteor Shower, I just can't find anything out there that's better as far as explosives go, but a close second might be my Bouncing Bonny. Any suggestions for a better grenade?

Want to try out a longbow ? I got one to drop last night, you are welcome to try it out. Consider it a loan, if you like it, it's yours.
---
A pessimist is just a optimist with more experience. XBL:GrandPa40
#5WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 5:30:51 AM
I appreciate the offer, but I prefer to get my own loot most of the time. and as mentioned before, I figure I'm better off with the Cobra anyway. Thanks though.
---
#6Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/7/2013 5:33:56 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
I appreciate the offer, but I prefer to get my own loot most of the time. and as mentioned before, I figure I'm better off with the Cobra anyway. Thanks though.

No problem ; )
---
A pessimist is just a optimist with more experience. XBL:GrandPa40
#7your other dad sayzPosted 3/7/2013 6:18:33 AM
Explosive axton is my next build. Rather than respeccing my level 50, I am playing through the game again. Only level 15.. right now though lol.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#8LifeIsABigGamePosted 3/7/2013 6:34:18 AM
Just wondering how does an explosive axtons skill tree look like
---
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
#9your other dad sayzPosted 3/7/2013 6:37:08 AM
I also plan on using a cobra on my axton. Just not sure which is the best. I heard tiny tinas would be the best. I'm not sure why though.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#10fakesnoop77Posted 3/7/2013 6:44:06 AM
This is my rough build for Axton right now. I may be slightly out on some points; -

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?50055150415005014200011000000000

This build focuses on a mixture of explosives and AR damage.

Equipment I use; -

Torgue Ravager
DP Unkempt Harold
Scorpio
Mongol (FFYL)
Deadly Bloom shield or Big Boom Blaster

I also keep a lot of Dahl stuff in my back pack to take advantage of 'Duty Calls' skill

I also have a +30% explosive relic and also switch around between a Rifleman Mod, Heavy Gunner Mod or Sheriffs Badge Relic depending on the situation.
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics