New to the game....

#1PryorbeastPosted 3/7/2013 6:34:56 AM
A friend of mine was telling me how great this game is, but I've never played the first, nor do I even know what to expect. Any advice for a flagrant rookie?
---
XBL: Pryor Beast
Kik/Line Mobile Apps: Pryorbeast
#2MechOf17thPosted 3/7/2013 6:37:32 AM
Get a friend or make friends to play the game with so every loot chest you find isn't empty.
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/7/2013 6:41:58 AM
are you asking whether to buy it? or have you bought it and are just looking for advice?

if you havnt bought it yet, and dont know much about it, then id suggest looking for a few videos online to get a feel for the game. its a loot based shooter with some RPG elements.

grinding for loot is a large part of the game. decent story. nothing that will shatter your world, but it does its job.

there is a lot of humor in the game. if you are looking for something super serious than this may not be your best bet, but if you are looking for something that is very fun, entertaining and great for just messing around, BL2 is great.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4PhinioxPosted 3/7/2013 6:45:59 AM
Im new too just got game the otger day add me we can do missions together
gt:PoieZen
#5Pryorbeast(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 6:47:27 AM
Ooh I'm sorry. I haven't "bought" it just yet but I should receive it from Gamefly today or tomorrow. Don't think anyone I'm currently xbl friends with plays the game, or at least not actively. The guy that turned me to it is a ps3 so unless can play across platforms, he's of no use.

Well if anyone here doesn't mind helping a total borderlands virgin learn the ropes, feel free to send me a FR. From the above posts, seems like it may be with a few weeks of my time at least.
---
#6fakesnoop77Posted 3/7/2013 7:30:30 AM
Pryorbeast posted...
Ooh I'm sorry. I haven't "bought" it just yet but I should receive it from Gamefly today or tomorrow. Don't think anyone I'm currently xbl friends with plays the game, or at least not actively. The guy that turned me to it is a ps3 so unless can play across platforms, he's of no use.

Well if anyone here doesn't mind helping a total borderlands virgin learn the ropes, feel free to send me a FR. From the above posts, seems like it may be with a few weeks of my time at least.

The best advice I can give is to make sure you visit this board on a regular basis. If you ever have questions about loot, bosses, quests or anything else then you will always find the answers on here.

There are awesome people on here (me included) who will always offer advice on things BL2 related.

Play the game however you wish, but my advice is to play it legit without taking advantage of people 'duping' or 'modding'
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#7partytrevPosted 3/7/2013 7:40:22 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Pryorbeast posted...

The best advice I can give is to make sure you visit this board on a regular basis. If you ever have questions about loot, bosses, quests or anything else then you will always find the answers on here.

There are awesome people on here (me included) who will always offer advice on things BL2 related.

Play the game however you wish, but my advice is to play it legit without taking advantage of people 'duping' or 'modding'

This is good advice.
#8Pryorbeast(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:24:43 AM
I'm trolling the boards currently and reading stuff that doesn't have spoilers. Hopefully learning useful stuff as I'm about to pop the disc in.
---
#9Azrael0206Posted 3/8/2013 5:36:25 AM
Pryorbeast posted...
I'm trolling the boards currently and reading stuff that doesn't have spoilers. Hopefully learning useful stuff as I'm about to pop the disc in.

Lol, "trolling"
I dont think that word means what you think it means, here at least. :P
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#10WretchedOwlPosted 3/8/2013 5:38:02 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Pryorbeast posted...

I agree this board is great for new people and still fir people who have been here a while.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls