I've noticed playing borderlands with open status on is the worst..

#1MechOf17thPosted 3/7/2013 3:53:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love having people in my game. When I play solo when my friends aren't online playing I get mainly people with no mic's and any blue + rarity is instantly devoured. What annoys me is nobody cares about the other players in the game. If I open a chest I ask the people if they would like the item or if they would mind if I take it for myself. With strangers it's just god awful and who ever can get to the sees the item first wins. Also, when I try to do a quest in my own game people will try to transport to wherever they want to go instead of the mission selected.

On top of that, i've noticed level 50's coming into my low level game. Why?
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#2MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:54:43 PM
Get to / sees the item* typo -
---
#3olan231Posted 3/7/2013 3:56:10 PM
Sounds harsh man. I just started a new game myself. I'd assume they join thinking you need help..
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#4fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/7/2013 3:57:17 PM
Welcome to randoms in borderlands.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#5youngunner2123Posted 3/7/2013 3:59:05 PM
I've never joined random games. Is there even a way to see what lvl or PT somebody is on?
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#6MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:59:58 PM
olan231 posted...
Sounds harsh man. I just started a new game myself. I'd assume they join thinking you need help..

At the moment i'm level 9, nothing really to help with when the game is too easy on first playthrough. I figured ehh i'm a low level who cares if people come in and join me. But when I started seeing no items around besides white rarities and my main weapon being a lvl. 2 Tactical Hornet in which i traded over.. i decided enough is enough and I rather play solo..
---
#7MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:01:13 PM
youngunner2123 posted...
I've never joined random games. Is there even a way to see what lvl or PT somebody is on?

Yeah, when you search for games it tells you what quest people are doing and you pick what game you want to go into from there.
---
#8HappyGoNowherePosted 3/7/2013 4:02:40 PM
When you go into match making you see their character, level, current mission and if they're on TVHM if I remember correctly.

All of them are on Talon of God or Toil and Trouble.
#9nilla151Posted 3/7/2013 4:08:05 PM
Well i never join low games with my highs. sometimes i do join high games with my lows to try to sneak some levels. but when i play open, i acknowledge the person through my mic and give them X amount of seconds to respond. if no response i go bye bye kick
---
I got 3 bad touches before I got my first good touch. I haven't gotten a single bad touch since and I spent 2 hours trying for one tonight.
#10MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:10:37 PM
nilla151 posted...
Well i never join low games with my highs. sometimes i do join high games with my lows to try to sneak some levels. but when i play open, i acknowledge the person through my mic and give them X amount of seconds to respond. if no response i go bye bye kick

I sometimes do the same, i try to be nice though. Unless it's one of those people that have the kinect mics and sound like they're in a fish tank.
---