With duping such a commonplace thing...

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/9/2013 1:16:27 AM
Who actually trades legitimately?

I see so many posts/topics from people stating that they'd be willing to trade/dupe, but if you're going to add duping in a trade topic, what's the point in stating that you're willing to trade and lose out on something you probably didn't work for?

If I felt peace of mind that the person I'd be trading with isn't trading me a duped item or dupes in the first place, I'd do more trading, but as it stands, I simply can't trust most people. Here's what I propose: We each sign here that we trade legitimately, with no duping involved. The item being traded is also clean and legit, the player having worked to achieve it.

I'm signing.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/9/2013 1:37:15 AM
I think that 'dupe/trade' means that they're willing to either dupe or trade. Or, it means that they can dupe stuff in return for the other party duping stuff.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:52:22 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I think that 'dupe/trade' means that they're willing to either dupe or trade. Or, it means that they can dupe stuff in return for the other party duping stuff.

But that's what I mean. What's the point in saying you'll trade if you're going to add in duping? Duping me you get to keep what you're giving away, and get something else for it too (if that is the case), and trading is to lose something but gain something else.
---
#4b_rab_2204Posted 3/9/2013 1:58:48 AM
Why do u care. If u really want to go legit then don't trade either, it's not like u worked for the guns u are trading for, go farm for weeks and hopefully u will get the drop u want. To me it's not getting the guns that is the most fun, its actually getting to play with them. It doesn't matter how u get the weapon as long as u are having fun playing the game. After all that's why we play right, for entertainment value. I'm not hating on the purist who wants it all legit I'm just tired of all the high horse bs about duping.
---
GT: SixGunShray
#5SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/9/2013 1:59:35 AM
If the other party is not willing to trade, duping is an option.

Hence, dupe/trade.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#6The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:35:31 AM
b_rab_2204 posted...
Why do u care. If u really want to go legit then don't trade either, it's not like u worked for the guns u are trading for, go farm for weeks and hopefully u will get the drop u want. To me it's not getting the guns that is the most fun, its actually getting to play with them. It doesn't matter how u get the weapon as long as u are having fun playing the game. After all that's why we play right, for entertainment value. I'm not hating on the purist who wants it all legit I'm just tired of all the high horse bs about duping.

And it's players like you that are ruining the community. Why do I care? Because I want to trade with people who worked for their guns and items, not obtaining them by joining a random game and asking for such items. For example, I was playing last night and a random player joined my game. They helped out with my quest but eventually, when there were more players, that person sent a message to all in my game asking for a level 50 Sham. That kind of attitude just pisses me off.

Do you think that you are entitled to everything in the game without work simply because you walked into the shop and bought it, or that your parents/guardians bought it? No, you are not. This sense of entitlement is disgusting. Gamers who think that way are just a plague, and yet you all seem to have the audacity to be on our case on being "on the high horse". I don't want guns or items that have been duped because then it means nothing to the player(s) who is trading it to me. I worked for my level 50 Sham, and I'm not willing to trade it even for a level 50 Hide of Terramorphous if I know it has been duped.

In fact, the rarer the item, the less likely the player trading it has obtained it legitimately, and the more likely that they asked for it from another player via duping. Games like this should be on servers hosted by Gearbox themselves, but I understand why it's not, but unfortunately that is the case, and we have a rather large part of the community (too large, in fact) running around with ill-gotten gains thinking they're all badass because they effectively took the lazy way and went against the constraints of the design.

This topic is simple: I'm asking for people who want to legitimately trade their legitimately-gotten goods for other legitimately-gotten goods. It's as simple as that.
---
#7xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/9/2013 3:51:14 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
b_rab_2204 posted...

And it's players like you that are ruining the community. Why do I care? Because I want to trade with people who worked for their guns and items, not obtaining them by joining a random game and asking for such items. For example, I was playing last night and a random player joined my game. They helped out with my quest but eventually, when there were more players, that person sent a message to all in my game asking for a level 50 Sham. That kind of attitude just pisses me off.

Do you think that you are entitled to everything in the game without work simply because you walked into the shop and bought it, or that your parents/guardians bought it? No, you are not. This sense of entitlement is disgusting. Gamers who think that way are just a plague, and yet you all seem to have the audacity to be on our case on being "on the high horse". I don't want guns or items that have been duped because then it means nothing to the player(s) who is trading it to me. I worked for my level 50 Sham, and I'm not willing to trade it even for a level 50 Hide of Terramorphous if I know it has been duped.

In fact, the rarer the item, the less likely the player trading it has obtained it legitimately, and the more likely that they asked for it from another player via duping. Games like this should be on servers hosted by Gearbox themselves, but I understand why it's not, but unfortunately that is the case, and we have a rather large part of the community (too large, in fact) running around with ill-gotten gains thinking they're all badass because they effectively took the lazy way and went against the constraints of the design.

This topic is simple: I'm asking for people who want to legitimately trade their legitimately-gotten goods for other legitimately-gotten goods. It's as simple as that.

whats your bar at? just curious..
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
#8The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 4:01:59 AM
You quote me entire post just to add a few words at the end? And why do you want to know my BAR? Considering I have just the one character at level 50, which is Zer0, my BAR is just under 15 and a half thousand.
---
#9xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/9/2013 4:09:34 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
You quote me entire post just to add a few words at the end? And why do you want to know my BAR? Considering I have just the one character at level 50, which is Zer0, my BAR is just under 15 and a half thousand.

move along, your opinion on anything in this game is irrelevant . :)
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
#10The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 4:20:06 AM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...

move along, your opinion on anything in this game is irrelevant . :)

As is your opinion that my opinion is invalid. See where this is going? :)
---