They said there would be more guns. Why aren't there more guns?

#21innersmokePosted 3/11/2013 6:15:23 PM
I miss names like plywood sniper and weak sauce smg. Lol
---
GT- Innersmoke
#22TsurukePosted 3/11/2013 6:29:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23TsurukePosted 3/11/2013 6:33:14 PM(edited)
DesertZero posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Keep in mind TC then they stated "Bazillions more" they are counting a weapon (Common-Legendary) that has even the slightest difference (regardless of name) -- so for example if a Common Repeater has Tediore grip and the other has a Torgue grip they are counting that as 2 different guns.
Now factor each different combination of manufacturer, rarity (determines body, magazine and material), barrel, stock, grip, sight, accessory, and element along with each base weapon from the first common all the way to the last legendary -- is that claim "Bazillions more" really as far fetched as you think it is now?

Actually, no conjecture needed. People have already done the math, and there are many more combinations in BL1.

Ah, must have missed it then. Never cared to do the exact math behind it but I had a rough sense of where they were going with it due to the different combinations and how they were classifying "different guns".

EDIT: I saw the post above yours: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2949109#post2949109 -- that is saying that BL2 has more weapons than the original Borderlands (granted that is factoring levels and such -- plus its not "Bazillions more" as they exclaimed)

But would you care to point me in the right direction of your source so I may get my facts straight for the future? (unless of course your statement was strictly based on "combinations" and not factoring in levels, then yes, I can see that in that same thread)
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#24DesertZeroPosted 3/11/2013 6:46:58 PM
Tsuruke posted...

But would you care to point me in the right direction of your source so I may get my facts straight for the future? (unless of course your statement was strictly based on "combinations" and not factoring in levels, then yes, I can see that in that same thread)

I'm not going to attempt find the thread (if you did a search for that thread over on forums.gearboxsoftware you know why lol), but that post you linked to sums up the weapons appropriately. Excluding level, there are more part combinations in the first game - which is what I thought this thread was about.
#25fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/11/2013 6:56:24 PM
DesertZero posted...
Tsuruke posted...

I'm not going to attempt find the thread (if you did a search for that thread over on forums.gearboxsoftware you know why lol), but that post you linked to sums up the weapons appropriately. Excluding level, there are more part combinations in the first game - which is what I thought this thread was about.

You must wait 1 min before searching again.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#26inloveanddeath0Posted 3/11/2013 10:58:48 PM
I wish they'd bring back the firehawk pistol
---
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7152/inloveanddeath.png
http://www.last.fm/user/PolarPolaroids
#27AlleRacingPosted 3/11/2013 11:47:54 PM
While Borderlands 1 definitely has more possible combinations (especially since there was a whole other manufacturer), but you are underrating the Borderlands 2 system. Each manufacturer may be locked to its own body, but in most cases each manufacturer has multiple bodies for each type of gun. While BL1 only had ~5 bodies total for any weapon type to share between all the manufacturers, each BL2 manufacturer seems to have 3-5 bodies for each weapon type. Material might also be locked to rarity level, but there are also 4 basic materials per manufacturer rather than just 3 in BL1, and several more materials for each unique or legendary weapon. It's also worth noting that elemental attachments are no longer in the accessory slot, so a weapon can have an element and an accessory.

I do miss the naming system from the first game though. I liked how prefixes weren't dependent on the accessory, but rather certain prefixes had prerequisites and priority levels while also providing possible bonuses on their own (as well as the title). They were like their own parts in a way, and in some cases getting a worse part elsewhere on the gun might mean getting a better prefix or title for a better overall bonus.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#28Azrael0206Posted 3/12/2013 12:01:34 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
your other dad sayz posted...
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have anymore pudding!

All in all, it's just another brick in the wall...

You,
Yes you,
Stand still laddie.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#29PanopictonguyPosted 3/12/2013 3:37:05 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
innersmoke posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
RICKmT3 posted...
Thats something I hate about the series. They advertise so many different guns, yet you always see the same like ten different guns with different stats / attachments. I would rather have the option to take the bayonet attachment off of my pistol or rifle, and put it on another similar gun. Even better, take the crystal or whatever gives a gun elemental properties and put it into a different gun.

Yeah, a lot of people talked about something like a gunsmithing ability at some point or another. I think it'd be a cool idea, but it would take away from the farming that makes the game worthwhile at lv 50. instance, I've been looking for a Maliwan Impetuious Plasma caster with shock tech, the maliwan grip, and the dahl stock on it. But if I could make that, I wouldn't spend so much of my time opening certain chests and farming Vermiv for the ultimates that have a really high chance to drop e-techs.

What if gun parts were more specific, want that Dahl stock on your impetuous plasma caster with the maliwan grip? Find another maliwan caster with that part and then you could use it. I feel like that would encourage farming. But general disassembly for parts would render farming pointless

Here's what I was thinking that might make this little gunsmithing thing a viable and not completely broken part of the game. Guns that you find can be deconstructed. Only a gun purple rarity, e-tech or legendary can be deconstructed. when deconstructed it has maybe a 20% chance to actually give you ONE gun part, and would otherwise be destroyed rendering nothing. The gun part it gives you would be a random one out of the barrel, scope, body, stock and grip. In order to use it to construct with, all of the parts have to be of the same material grade. I think it really limits getting gun parts, and being able to use them, but still makes farming a big part of the game. It would also add a bit of excitement to all the random useless purples that drop most of the time.

Ever played Kingdoms Of Amalur? This exact system that you're describing renedered dropped loot completely useless. Unless you wanted to use dropped stuff and not enhance or create your gear. All of your created weapons were leagues beyond what you drop. Once you reach certain points in these games you can farm high rarity gear with ease. For example Saturn, King Mong, & Saturn have like a 90% chance of dropping a purple. The Warrior drops them in bunches.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.