Are shock weapons really that good?

#1Carlito424Posted 3/11/2013 3:12:18 PM
I find myself always struggling with shock weapons. Sometimes and I do mean (Sometimes) I bring their shields down quick but after that its like weak damage. Am I doing something wrong or is it the gear I pick?
Or is it meant for shock weapons to just purely use on shields and switch to an other weapon?
#2VampLordAdamaruPosted 3/11/2013 3:15:22 PM
This is the way it works out:

Fire/Incendiary > Flesh
Shock > Shields
Corrosive > Armor
Explosive > Increased damage from non-elemental, decent all-around, but not spectacular
Slag > Increased damage from all non-Slag damage types (any element other than Slag as well as non-elemental)
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#3gunsndrosesPosted 3/11/2013 3:16:37 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...

Fire/Incendiary > Flesh
Shock > Shields
Corrosive > Armor
Explosive > Increased damage from non-elemental, decent all-around, but not spectacular
Slag > Increased damage from all non-Slag damage types (any element other than Slag as well as non-elemental)

Explosive not spectacular?! Torgue shotguns would like a word with you.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 3/11/2013 3:20:19 PM
gunsndroses posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...

Fire/Incendiary > Flesh
Shock > Shields
Corrosive > Armor

Explosive not spectacular?! Torgue shotguns would like a word with you.

Basic Explosive is, overall, not great. Some Explosive weapons are good, but, as a whole, Explosive isn't spectacular damage, unless it's combined with Slag, or you have a build centered around Explosive.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#5WretchedOwlPosted 3/11/2013 4:12:54 PM
The reason why you see people always looking for shock weapons on here is because of the Mechromancer's little big trouble tree.

Shock weapons are great for her, because she has all kind of damage increases, EE damage/chance, as well as a chance to burn and shock at the same time.

Other than that, unless you're using a shock trooper mod on Axton, which I have yet to try, you're wasting your time with them.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#6HappyGoNowherePosted 3/11/2013 4:16:52 PM
It's always helpful to have one good shock weapon just to be safe, but unless your build calls for it that's really all you need.
#7Steve0314Posted 3/11/2013 4:19:01 PM
TBH I only used them when my gaige was decked out for shock weapons... Now I just use them when facing pete to get his shield down quickly... Other than that I use the other elements...
---
GT: Steve0314
#8boneywingsPosted 3/11/2013 4:21:51 PM
I've focused mainly on the mechromancer, which has a few skills that increase shock damage. and one skill that makes shock damage have a chance to apply burn damage as well. I love my shock weapons :)
#9gsninjaPosted 3/11/2013 4:25:40 PM
On Normal Mode, I found shock weapons to be mostly unnecessary. They're much more useful in TVHM and PT2.5 due to the different multipliers of elemental damage.
---
3DS FC - 5455 9389 5386 | GT: GB2TheKitchen
Life is like a box of chocolates; it doesn't last as long for fat people.
#10innersmokePosted 3/11/2013 4:48:53 PM
Shock doesn't care if its flesh or armor it will always do decent damage. You won't HAVE to switch u like hitting armor with for or corrosive against flesh
---
GT- Innersmoke