Would anyone want to try black weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Would anyone want to try black weapons?

User Info: Epic_McDude

Epic_McDude
3 years ago#21
I'm not offended at all. I just think that the description of the gun you 'drew" is what some people think the modded guns are actually like. I don't use modded guns when I play the game. I'm just make them because I like to just see what the game is capable of. I beat TVHM with each character before I started doing this. I don't want to give the impression that I think it's ok to start the game the first time with a level 1 bee shield all of that overpowered stuff.

w0rd, I agree with that and follow that same kind of principle.

While I have done some modding myself, I don't go overboard or overpowered like a lot of people do. Too many people abuse/misuse save editors, that's the real problem.

I hated those kind of people in Borderlands 1, especially when they ruined my quests, which is why I only play with friends and enver randoms now,
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

User Info: jloewenstein

jloewenstein
3 years ago#22
Epic_McDude posted...
I'm scared of this modded stuff. They spread diseases.

False. The one time a 'modding disease' spread was only because someone turned on "IsBadassModeSave/Game" in the editor, it has since been fixed by Gearbox and Gibbed has nullified it/made it inaccessible in his editor. (I am assuming that is what you were referring to since you mentioned disease. If not, then disregard this.)

Yep, that's what I was thinking, the "sudden death" issue. Fixed, so?

You know, I have contraditory thoughts about this. I personally don't dupe, and don't consider the idea of using a software to get something that the game itself can give me. But different crazy "impossible to get" weapons... :temptation:

Everybody assure is safe? Like, I do, fool around a little, throw the thing away and never happened?

User Info: Jambi_Man

Jambi_Man
3 years ago#23
gangoplush posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
gangoplush posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
I like to draw. I just drew a shotty on my pad o' paper and made it look awesome! I colored it black, blue, red, green, and purple! That way it can do all elemental damage! Then I wrote some weapon stats underneath it......
dmg- 100,000,000 x 5 billion
accuracy- 100%
F.R.- 20.7
Reload- 0.1
Mag- 200
Chance to ignite,shock,corrode,slag- 100%
elemental dmg- 20 billion/second

This fantasy gun is the same as a modded gun, as it has no place in the game. As I look at it here in front of me, I can "imagine" what it might do in the game. That's what you're trying to do here, right? That's cool, but I'm good....I got it covered :)

That's actually not at all how the guns work in the game. You can't just modify the stats to do
100,000,000 x 5 billion or anything.

I know, but my pencil can draw anything! My point was that a modded gun was not designed to be in the game, same as my drawing. I'm not trying to argue here, I just don't think modded stuff should be a part of the game.....my opinion, of course! I don't care what you guys do, have fun the way you see fit... I was just messin with you a bit there, tryin to be funny.

I'm not offended at all. I just think that the description of the gun you 'drew" is what some people think the modded guns are actually like. I don't use modded guns when I play the game. I'm just make them because I like to just see what the game is capable of. I beat TVHM with each character before I started doing this. I don't want to give the impression that I think it's ok to start the game the first time with a level 1 bee shield all of that overpowered stuff.

That's cool, man. I don't actually think thats what modded guns are. I was exaggerating the stats on purpose just for kicks ;) I understand what you're doing here on this topic, and I can see your point. It is a "game" after all, and games are meant to have fun with. But, honestly, I am a hard azz core BL player, and I just don't personally agree with adding elements to the game that the developers didn't put in themselves. I think it's super cool that you play the game legit, AND I actually think it's cool to be able to craft some new weapons(black), it's creativity, and fun....and there's nothing wrong with that. But, I think these things, when used in actual gameplay, totally destroy the concept of the game. I should have just stayed out of the conversation, I suppose......
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....

User Info: Flow_149

Flow_149
3 years ago#24
Thanks for inviting me. :)

User Info: kinggoldfinger

kinggoldfinger
3 years ago#25
No.
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.

User Info: MonoxideHektik

MonoxideHektik
3 years ago#26
Once you go black
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3

User Info: calistud4ev

calistud4ev
3 years ago#27
You never walk right again,or so I hear. I mean...........my friend told me. Right.........
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.

User Info: N7Spectre707

N7Spectre707
3 years ago#28
I'd like to try a black weapon. Having a hard time soloing raid bosses.
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675

User Info: LifeIsABigGame

LifeIsABigGame
3 years ago#29
N7Spectre707 posted...

^ U should get urself an evil smasher
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty

User Info: fredbeatswilma

fredbeatswilma
3 years ago#30
LifeIsABigGame posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...

^ U should get urself an evil smasher

Even better, get a modded weapon then evil smash it.
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Would anyone want to try black weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived