Would anyone want to try black weapons?

#21Epic_McDudePosted 3/12/2013 6:03:57 PM
I'm not offended at all. I just think that the description of the gun you 'drew" is what some people think the modded guns are actually like. I don't use modded guns when I play the game. I'm just make them because I like to just see what the game is capable of. I beat TVHM with each character before I started doing this. I don't want to give the impression that I think it's ok to start the game the first time with a level 1 bee shield all of that overpowered stuff.

w0rd, I agree with that and follow that same kind of principle.

While I have done some modding myself, I don't go overboard or overpowered like a lot of people do. Too many people abuse/misuse save editors, that's the real problem.

I hated those kind of people in Borderlands 1, especially when they ruined my quests, which is why I only play with friends and enver randoms now,
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#22jloewensteinPosted 3/12/2013 6:05:40 PM
Epic_McDude posted...
I'm scared of this modded stuff. They spread diseases.

False. The one time a 'modding disease' spread was only because someone turned on "IsBadassModeSave/Game" in the editor, it has since been fixed by Gearbox and Gibbed has nullified it/made it inaccessible in his editor. (I am assuming that is what you were referring to since you mentioned disease. If not, then disregard this.)

Yep, that's what I was thinking, the "sudden death" issue. Fixed, so?

You know, I have contraditory thoughts about this. I personally don't dupe, and don't consider the idea of using a software to get something that the game itself can give me. But different crazy "impossible to get" weapons... :temptation:

Everybody assure is safe? Like, I do, fool around a little, throw the thing away and never happened?
#23Jambi_ManPosted 3/12/2013 6:19:14 PM
gangoplush posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
gangoplush posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
I like to draw. I just drew a shotty on my pad o' paper and made it look awesome! I colored it black, blue, red, green, and purple! That way it can do all elemental damage! Then I wrote some weapon stats underneath it......
dmg- 100,000,000 x 5 billion
accuracy- 100%
F.R.- 20.7
Reload- 0.1
Mag- 200
Chance to ignite,shock,corrode,slag- 100%
elemental dmg- 20 billion/second

This fantasy gun is the same as a modded gun, as it has no place in the game. As I look at it here in front of me, I can "imagine" what it might do in the game. That's what you're trying to do here, right? That's cool, but I'm good....I got it covered :)

That's actually not at all how the guns work in the game. You can't just modify the stats to do
100,000,000 x 5 billion or anything.

I know, but my pencil can draw anything! My point was that a modded gun was not designed to be in the game, same as my drawing. I'm not trying to argue here, I just don't think modded stuff should be a part of the game.....my opinion, of course! I don't care what you guys do, have fun the way you see fit... I was just messin with you a bit there, tryin to be funny.

I'm not offended at all. I just think that the description of the gun you 'drew" is what some people think the modded guns are actually like. I don't use modded guns when I play the game. I'm just make them because I like to just see what the game is capable of. I beat TVHM with each character before I started doing this. I don't want to give the impression that I think it's ok to start the game the first time with a level 1 bee shield all of that overpowered stuff.

That's cool, man. I don't actually think thats what modded guns are. I was exaggerating the stats on purpose just for kicks ;) I understand what you're doing here on this topic, and I can see your point. It is a "game" after all, and games are meant to have fun with. But, honestly, I am a hard azz core BL player, and I just don't personally agree with adding elements to the game that the developers didn't put in themselves. I think it's super cool that you play the game legit, AND I actually think it's cool to be able to craft some new weapons(black), it's creativity, and fun....and there's nothing wrong with that. But, I think these things, when used in actual gameplay, totally destroy the concept of the game. I should have just stayed out of the conversation, I suppose......
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#24Flow_149Posted 3/12/2013 6:52:19 PM
Thanks for inviting me. :)
#25kinggoldfingerPosted 3/12/2013 7:19:51 PM
No.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#26MonoxideHektikPosted 3/12/2013 8:12:43 PM
Once you go black
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3
#27calistud4evPosted 3/12/2013 8:23:30 PM
You never walk right again,or so I hear. I mean...........my friend told me. Right.........
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#28N7Spectre707Posted 3/12/2013 8:51:31 PM
I'd like to try a black weapon. Having a hard time soloing raid bosses.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#29LifeIsABigGamePosted 3/12/2013 11:12:49 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...

^ U should get urself an evil smasher
---
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
#30fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/12/2013 11:18:36 PM
LifeIsABigGame posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...

^ U should get urself an evil smasher

Even better, get a modded weapon then evil smash it.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil