What type of character and build should I make next?

#1MechOf17thPosted 3/13/2013 8:26:17 AM
tried the gunzerker, he's not my type.

made a melee zero, pretty fun.

made two gaige's, one melee and one shock build, love them both.

got one commando level 18, no current build thought at the moment.

got one siren, in mid 30's and it's a healing build I love, haven't beat PT2 yet.

Honestly, i've been thinking about making a critical zero, but I don't know how much fun that will be, mainly the main ability (getting crit stacks) just seems pretty boring but VERY effective..

thoughts?
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/13/2013 8:30:59 AM
i use a cunning b0re zer0 and its a ton of fun. i have all the good sniper skills, plus all the good cunning skills and death blossom.

lots of fun. if you are going zero, consider it

i also use a double up fire rate axton that is a lot of fun. an infinity pistol with over 30 fire rate? yep. fun
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:41:23 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
i use a cunning b0re zer0 and its a ton of fun. i have all the good sniper skills, plus all the good cunning skills and death blossom.

i also use a double up fire rate axton that is a lot of fun. an infinity pistol with over 30 fire rate? yep. fun

I love death blossom on my melee zero, tagging them then using execute is amazing.

Also, is "b0re" even useful? If i remember right, that's the skill were bullets pass through enemies.. I can't really think of many situations where that would be useful with a sniper.

Funny thing is, now that I have a couple "infinity" pistols, i can't use them. As you know, i'm more of a gaige player and because of "Smaller, Faster, Lighter" it makes the capacity go down to 0, so I can't fire rounds off. SO maybe i'll try a double rate of fire on my axton, thanks.
---
#4PTP2009Posted 3/13/2013 9:02:49 AM
Cataclysm Maya. Then when you have enough points to do so, respec and get Ruin, Helios, and Converge. You do all elemental types to all enemies in a wide area.
#5WretchedOwlPosted 3/13/2013 9:12:45 AM
Get that commando going with a full explosive build! Missiles and slag on turret, far enough into gunpowder for grenade/rocket damage and longbow on turret. Full rotation of explosive guns, huge explosive grenade mod, legendary class mod and 30% explosive dmg relic. By far my favorite build to play at the moment.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#6MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:22:46 AM
PTP2009 posted...
Cataclysm Maya. Then when you have enough points to do so, respec and get Ruin, Helios, and Converge. You do all elemental types to all enemies in a wide area.

I'd probably just start a new Maya for that build. When I had the skills you're speaking of it was so-so for me. I went down the tree that lets me throw a orb of slag with my melee and it's amazing. I just like the fact when I use that class I don't need slag weaponry and the radius on the ability is ridiculous. Pretty much the nurse tree.

WretchedOwl posted...
Get that commando going with a full explosive build! Missiles and slag on turret, far enough into gunpowder for grenade/rocket damage and longbow on turret. Full rotation of explosive guns, huge explosive grenade mod, legendary class mod and 30% explosive dmg relic. By far my favorite build to play at the moment.

I just got the rockets for my commando, i'm trying to get to the slag now. The thing with the commando is after playing the mechromancer I kind of expect the turret to just roam around, lol.. like my good ol' buddy death trap, takes time to get used to commando for me.
---
#7WretchedOwlPosted 3/13/2013 9:26:03 AM
MechOf17th posted...
PTP2009 posted...

I'd probably just start a new Maya for that build. When I had the skills you're speaking of it was so-so for me. I went down the tree that lets me throw a orb of slag with my melee and it's amazing. I just like the fact when I use that class I don't need slag weaponry and the radius on the ability is ridiculous. Pretty much the nurse tree.

WretchedOwl posted...

I just got the rockets for my commando, i'm trying to get to the slag now. The thing with the commando is after playing the mechromancer I kind of expect the turret to just roam around, lol.. like my good ol' buddy death trap, takes time to get used to commando for me.

Well, the turret and deathtrap are pretty similar. Taking full advantage of the legendary class mod gives it a really low cooldown and a huge duration. The longbow allows you to just toss it into an enemy spawnpoint and begin slagging and clearing before you even get there, and if it hasn't cleared the place out by the time you run up there, just finish off the guys, pack it up and move onto the next arena. Rinse and repeat. Being able to reclaim the turret gives you a lot of your duration back and makes it a lot more mobile.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/13/2013 9:31:54 AM
MechOf17th posted...

I love death blossom on my melee zero, tagging them then using execute is amazing.

Also, is "b0re" even useful? If i remember right, that's the skill were bullets pass through enemies.. I can't really think of many situations where that would be useful with a sniper.

Funny thing is, now that I have a couple "infinity" pistols, i can't use them. As you know, i'm more of a gaige player and because of "Smaller, Faster, Lighter" it makes the capacity go down to 0, so I can't fire rounds off. SO maybe i'll try a double rate of fire on my axton, thanks.

bore is very useful, as it is not for sniper rifles only. every shot from ANY gun will pass through targets and do bonus %100 damage per bore to the next enemy it hits. ie if it passes through 2 enemies, the 3rd on it hits will take %300 damage.

works amazingly well with singularity grenades. also it is pretty easy to line up enemies.

it also makes some boss fight insanely easy. namely bunker, hyperious, and badassaurus rex.

really great skill for 1 skill point
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:37:19 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
MechOf17th posted...
PTP2009 posted...

WretchedOwl posted...

Well, the turret and deathtrap are pretty similar. Taking full advantage of the legendary class mod gives it a really low cooldown and a huge duration. The longbow allows you to just toss it into an enemy spawnpoint and begin slagging and clearing before you even get there, and if it hasn't cleared the place out by the time you run up there, just finish off the guys, pack it up and move onto the next arena. Rinse and repeat. Being able to reclaim the turret gives you a lot of your duration back and makes it a lot more mobile.

Yeah, i've seen my friend use it because his favorite character is the commando and it just blows everything up, I can't wait till i can use longbow either, it takes a lot of aggro off of us all the time.
---
#10MechOf17th(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:39:04 AM
MechOf17th posted...

bore is very useful, as it is not for sniper rifles only. every shot from ANY gun will pass through targets and do bonus %100 damage per bore to the next enemy it hits. ie if it passes through 2 enemies, the 3rd on it hits will take %300 damage.

works amazingly well with singularity grenades. also it is pretty easy to line up enemies.

it also makes some boss fight insanely easy. namely bunker, hyperious, and badassaurus rex.

really great skill for 1 skill point

I didn't think about using singularity grenades with b0re. Now i'm almost certain that'll be my next character build. It sounds pretty neat that the more people it goes through the more damage it deals out.
---