Zer0 Sniper Rotation

#1WretchedOwlPosted 3/13/2013 9:03:21 AM
So, I'm definitely thinking about a full sniper Zer0 with the class mod and 30% sniper dmg relic, which means to take full advantage of said class mod/relic and the build I plan on using, I need to be using 4 Sniper Rifles in my rotation.

Here's what I'm thinking of so far, keeping in mind that ammo will be a big problem, so I'm trying (note 'trying') to stay away from rifles that just drain ammo count. These are guns that I currently have that I'm thinking of using, let me know of any suggestions, and if I don't already have it, I can always try and farm one.

Volcano
Cher'amie (shock)
Pimpernel (corrosive/shock)
White Death (non ele, shock and corrosive)
Railers, Hybridifications and Molokos, tons of them, all elements, but they're ammo hogs.
Sloth (shock)
Morningstar (corossive)
Cobra
Hawkeye
I have a skullsmasher, but my OCD won't allow me to use it, as it has a crappy grip, accessory and stock on it. so I plan on trying to farm a better one.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/13/2013 9:17:38 AM
Hawk Eye for long range, Skookum Muckamuck for mid range, and an appropriately elemental White Death for CQC.

If you're gonna insist on 4 snipers, I'd go with the Cobra as well. Otherwise I'd equip something for 2nd winding. Maybe a Ravager or RL.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 78275
#3jloewensteinPosted 3/13/2013 9:57:23 AM
If you are planning to do long missions, ammo could be a huge problem, so keep your fingers light with Lyuda, Sloth and the e-techs.

Do you have a Longbow? It's tricky to aim, but, my experience, the Venture Longbow has one of the heaviest single bullets in game (criticals, with the bee, against flesh). Devastating, over 2mil damage, a bless against superbadasses.

It's a nice exercise, I do it often, but in short incursions, and in specific areas. Maining a game with this build? Good luck. But remember - a sniper, IRL, will always have a backup weapon for CQCs. The advice of Kpt is wise, keep a ravager (or a harold) close.
#4LaharPosted 3/13/2013 12:06:23 PM
Would it be viable to play splitscreen and keep a Gunzerker with a Hoarder mod sitting in some corner?
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#5JkickitPosted 3/13/2013 12:15:59 PM
Skip the Morningstar (gets annoying after some time) and to me, the White Death kind of drains ammo fast (because of the fire rate).
The Cobra is one of my faves . Bolt action, no burst/full auto firing, and strong.
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#6jloewensteinPosted 3/13/2013 12:43:58 PM
Jkickit posted...
Skip the Morningstar (gets annoying after some time)

lol this one was useful in my very first PT (a corrosive venture morningstar), but in 2.5 there's lots of better stuff.

So, to me, she is like my ex-wife = an anoying b****, but once important in my life.
#7TsurukePosted 3/13/2013 1:11:27 PM(edited)
Its a pretty nice all sniping setup (for equipment you have)

Mine were:
Skullsmasher (For smashing skulls)
Cobra (Just because "I LIKE IT!!" and this soon replaced the Skullsmasher which then opened up a spot for either the Volcano or Corrosive Railer)
Trespasser (You know, to bypass dat shield)
Patriot (the full auto was more for close quarters "oh $*#&" situations")

I should suggest a full auto sniper or a semi-auto with a fast enough fire rate for those close sticky situations when you find yourself recharging decepti0n.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#8WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:14:53 PM
Tsuruke posted...

Mine were:
Cobra (Just because "I LIKE IT!!" and this soon replaced the Skullsmasher which then opened up a spot for either the Volcano or Corrosive Railer)

I should suggest a full auto sniper or a semi-auto with a fast enough fire rate for those close sticky situations when you find yourself recharging decepti0n.

I'll definitely have to get a Trespasser. Its just gonna be tough finding one that has one with the crit boost prefix on it seeing as I'll be running a Deadly Sniper mod, I'm going for full head exploding madnesssssss. I've also been looking around for a decent Buffalo as well, but I'm hitting a block there. Does Dukino's Mom not respawn? I know I've done the quest.. does it need to be active to farm her?
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#9jloewensteinPosted 3/13/2013 1:18:36 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
Tsuruke posted...

Mine were:

I'll definitely have to get a Trespasser. Its just gonna be tough finding one that has one with the crit boost prefix on it seeing as I'll be running a Deadly Sniper mod, I'm going for full head exploding madnesssssss. I've also been looking around for a decent Buffalo as well, but I'm hitting a block there. Does Dukino's Mom not respawn? I know I've done the quest.. does it need to be active to farm her?

Dukino's mom respawns, but she drops the mongol. I guess the Buffalo is a mission reward
#10MonoxideHektikPosted 3/13/2013 1:22:43 PM
Tumtum hawkeye does work. Actually found one with more damage than my original skookum
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3