Class Mods: do you prefer Purple or Blue?

#1LaharPosted 3/13/2013 2:55:23 PM(edited)
5/4/4 or 6/5? - Results (54 votes)
Purple: 5/4/4
40.74% (22 votes)
Blue : 6/5
46.3% (25 votes)
other
12.96% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So between the two, if you had to pick, which works for you more?

Specify if Other if you really don't like either. I know there's green, white (I dunno, maybe someone's really attached to one that they found) and variances of orange bonuses, but I'm mainly wanting to find out where people here sit between blue and purple.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#2Jambi_ManPosted 3/13/2013 2:59:42 PM
I save a good amount of both. But, in the end, as I'm weeding out the weaker ones to make room for better ones, the purples seem to always win out. The deciding factor for me is that when you put comparable purple & blue mods side to side, the purples have higher stat % bonuses....and unless the blue has 2 skill perks that I can't live without, the purple wins. But.....I still keep them blues...just in case.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#3InfamousCarlPosted 3/13/2013 3:04:33 PM
I like the blue better, but that's because I have some of those and only ever saw one purple 5/4/4
#4ShichikaPosted 3/13/2013 3:19:14 PM
I like both, i only go blue though when im looking to do something specific with a skill such as fleet for the Siren is a perfect example to me.
---
GT: zeroreaperX5
Pawn: Elisa
#5Jambi_ManPosted 3/13/2013 3:30:31 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
I save a good amount of both. But, in the end, as I'm weeding out the weaker ones to make room for better ones, the purples seem to always win out. The deciding factor for me is that when you put comparable purple & blue mods side to side, the purples have higher stat % bonuses....and unless the blue has 2 skill perks that I can't live without, the purple wins. But.....I still keep them blues...just in case.

I take one thing back, the stat % bonuses aren't always higher on purples. Example....

I have a Rugged Infiltrator for zero in purple & blue

PURPLE / BLUE
FR- 25% / FR- 25%
Melee- 32% / Melee- 35%
Iron hand +5 / Iron hand +6
like water +4 / like water +5
unforseen +4

So, if I was building my zero without unforseen, then the obvious choice is the Blue. If I was using unforseen, I'd use the purple.

In conclusion, I like both, but I feel like the purples are "usually" better.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#6BigSai29Posted 3/13/2013 3:31:04 PM
Depends on the which one it is really. Some of the Purples are all over the place and I don't feel like they warrant speccing around. For example, I don't see myself building around a purple Mirrored Trickster mod. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind splashing a point in Lay Waste for a purple Two Gun/Unstoppable Berserker mod.
#7demonwithinPosted 3/13/2013 3:40:53 PM(edited)
I'm a big fan of the legendary ones. +5 to 5 skills and awesome buffs are just too awesome to not be used.

(Edit: Depending on how much they increase the level cap would make me consider using blue coms much more. Especially on Siren.)
---
"You think I'm Vicious?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT VICIOUS IS!!!!!!!!" Spike Spiegel
#8Lahar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 3:54:21 PM
I went with blue.

I'll usually value the skill ranks more than % bonuses, plus a lot of the time with purple I just don't care about the third skill.

And I love Axton's Legendary mod. +5 across the board. I already max out the first tier in Guerilla and Gunpowder, have the one point in Preparation, and just had to steal a point somewhere for Healthy.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#9JkickitPosted 3/13/2013 4:18:56 PM
Blue for sure, I usually find a useless skill in purple.
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#10ArchSublimePosted 3/13/2013 4:24:53 PM
Vault hunter's relic FTW. I swear by it regardless of the rumors.