ideas for the next seraph relic

#1Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/14/2013 4:33:36 AM
I have been trying to think of things id really like to see for the next seraph relic (or seraph items in general)

i thought that the latest seraph relic (increase damage and health regen when coming out of FFYL) was a bit lackluster.

seeing as how this is the last DLC (confirmed that is) what would you like to see?

i would really love to see a relic that offers ammo regeneration. (we can exclude rockets and grenades to keep from being too OP). as it is, Sal is the only character with any sort of ammo regen. everyone else is kinda left to their own devices.

now i dont generally find myself running completely dry on ammo, but it would be a really nice convenience thing, especially for a plaer like me who enjoys going for the highest fire rate possible. the builds i run on zer0 and axton(especially) are basically impossible to do without an infinity pistol as the ammo cap has me running dry very quickly. if i use my shredifier on my axton build, i can achive a 40+ fire rate. the 900 ammo stock does not go very far with this sort of build.

i dont like stockpile relics as they take away from my overall fire rate. i need the relic spot for additional fire rate bonuses. but i could definitely justify using a regen relic when ammo starts to run short

i was just trying to think of what id like to see, and i feel like this would be a welcomed addition to just about everyone. we can even make it stack on top of sals regen so it is even useful to zerker players.

what do people think? i feel like it would be a really nice thing to have for raid bosses. the regen rate should be too high to the point that you could just fire away indiscriminately and never have to worry about running short. just enough to ensure you can keep using the guns that we all love.

also, what sorts of new seraph gear would you guys like to see? guns, relics, shields, grenades, whatever
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/14/2013 4:44:08 AM
I'd definitely like an ammo regen relic.

Failing that, a relic that converts a fraction of damage to health.

Bye-bye, rubi, hello rapier.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:52:53 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

ah. i like it. basically a way to moxxi-ize non moxxi guns. id say tat we couldnt make its % higher than the rubi (dont want to make it too OP or make all moxxi guns totally useless), but i like the idea
---
#4SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/14/2013 5:24:11 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...

ah. i like it. basically a way to moxxi-ize non moxxi guns. id say tat we couldnt make its % higher than the rubi (dont want to make it too OP or make all moxxi guns totally useless), but i like the idea

Let's see... what's the lowest rate? The Cherie-Amie has 2%, I think that's pretty low.

If balance is an issue, it could come with an additional nerf, like decreased max health or something. Really depends how high the percentage is if they decide to actually do that.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#5Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:32:26 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...

Let's see... what's the lowest rate? The Cherie-Amie has 2%, I think that's pretty low.

If balance is an issue, it could come with an additional nerf, like decreased max health or something. Really depends how high the percentage is if they decide to actually do that.

i dont know if it even needs a negative affect. id say that the negative it that it takes up your relic spot.

i would say you dont want to make it too high though in order to keep it from being instant god mode.

i think %2 could work pretty well. it isnt all that impressive on a slow firing sniper rifle, but on some other weapons, it could end up giving some pretty beastly regen.

im not entirely sure what the regen % is on the good/bad touches. maybe something around that rate, as that definitely isnt overpowering health regan.
---
#6Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/14/2013 5:39:09 AM
Definitly ammo re-gen. Maybe a relic that lets you scope in while in FFYL. Maybe couple that with some other effect, like tossing grenades because by its self I'm not sure it would be all that useful. I know Axton can toss grenade in FFYL from the skill tree, but it could save a point for something else.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#7PanopictonguyPosted 3/14/2013 6:27:05 AM
Resistance 35% to 4 elements. .
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#8jloewensteinPosted 3/14/2013 6:28:54 AM
With a relic that regens sniper ammo and the proper cover I could clear a whole area. This would be fantastic and... maybe a little OP.

A movement speed relic, to run'n'gunners (with cooldown time)?

A double-jump relic (like the grenade trick)?
#9innersmokePosted 3/14/2013 7:04:29 AM
Explosions of the seraph - increased explosive damage and grenade/rocket capacity

Brains of the seraph - increased critical damage and xp gained

Fingers of the seraph - increased fire rate and reload time

Will of the seraph - cooldown speed and melee override cooldown

Guts of the seraph - dmg reduction, ffyl time and second wind health

Yep that's all I got for now, these seem viable
---
GT- Innersmoke
#10Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:06:46 AM(edited)
innersmoke posted...
Explosions of the seraph - increased explosive damage and grenade/rocket capacity

Brains of the seraph - increased critical damage and xp gained

Fingers of the seraph - increased fire rate and reload time

Will of the seraph - cooldown speed and melee override cooldown

Guts of the seraph - dmg reduction, ffyl time and second wind health

Yep that's all I got for now, these seem viable

id love a fire rate relic for my FR builds. get my guns shooting even faster. i love the FR from the sheriffs badge, buts its only for pistols. a general FR relic would be sweet
---