Who here is farming for...

#11LordChewbaccaPosted 3/14/2013 5:47:58 PM
Tsuruke posted...
LordChewbacca posted...
Whoever loves farming for fun has a strange sense of what is fun.

I have fun doing boss raids over and over (can be considered "farming") while experimenting with my skills/gear.

Guess my sense of fun is weird lol.

See that's fine because it's a challenge(unless you kill them in like 5 seconds) that keeps you motivated and on your toes, not a mindless repetition. Farming something like doc mercy however is one of the worst gaming experience I've done, even if you get the drop that's like a weeks worth of wasted where you were a zombie.

I only kept my sanity because i watched a full two seasons of breaking bad doing it(I never did get the drop and will never do it again).
---
"DMC4 is the best entry in the series"-AlexxShadenk777
#12Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/14/2013 5:50:33 PM
LordChewbacca posted...

whoever doesn't love farming for fun has a strange sense of what is fun.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 78673
#13Tsuruke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:58:07 PM
LordChewbacca posted...
Tsuruke posted...
LordChewbacca posted...

I have fun doing boss raids over and over (can be considered "farming") while experimenting with my skills/gear.

Guess my sense of fun is weird lol.

See that's fine because it's a challenge(unless you kill them in like 5 seconds) that keeps you motivated and on your toes, not a mindless repetition. Farming something like doc mercy however is one of the worst gaming experience I've done, even if you get the drop that's like a weeks worth of wasted where you were a zombie.

I only kept my sanity because i watched a full two seasons of breaking bad doing it(I never did get the drop and will never do it again).

Agreed, being OP will take the fun out of it after a while. No point at that point.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#14Tsuruke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 12:31:58 PM
Bump, still curious as to more results.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#15KLOUDrocksPosted 3/15/2013 2:30:14 PM
Pryorbeast posted...
KLOUDrocks posted...
I chose "Other" because I don't farm. Farming, grinding, and power-leveling have always been things I find to be boring.

Then....what do u do? Beat the game and retire it?

To be honest, while I love this game, I only play when one of my friends is over. Otherwise, I usually have other things to do than play games (regretfully). When I do play a game on my own, it's rarely (if ever) Borderlands 2. Because of this, I have yet to even start playthrough 2. We just finished the third DLC though, so we're probably going to start playthrough 2 soon. We've just been putting it off because there are a number of quest rewards we'd like to get at level 50 (Firehawk & the Law/Order combo are two that come to mind).

Seeing as we've been playing this since the game came out and we have yet to max out one character, I think the game has plenty of longevity without the monotonous grind of farming.
#16Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/15/2013 6:27:27 PM
For my own collection, and to further the collections of others.

ALWAYS back up your character saves though, because unfortunately, there are some folks out there who think its cool to just jack the item you were duping or trading to them and leave your game.

Its pretty low. I cant understand why someone would do that to another BL player knowing how much of a time sink it is to get these items.