Badass rank reset AGAIN?

#1WretchedOwlPosted 3/14/2013 5:49:07 PM
Has this happened to anyone else twice? It happened to me like three weeks ago and it just happened again. This is complete and utter nonsense for lack of a stronger word.. Last time I submitted a support request to GBX and they gave me a SHiFT code that restored it, but this time I lost around 26k badass rank and the last code they gave me only restored 16k, which is not redeemable again. Do you think they'll be able to help me again?
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#2N7Spectre707Posted 3/14/2013 5:51:56 PM
Were you playing split screen?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#3capnovanPosted 3/14/2013 5:52:22 PM
they should, considering that can't fix what's causing it.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:56:29 PM
Nope, was just playing normally like any other day, in PT1 farming some badass ranks, ironically enough, hit save/quit got to the character selection screen, and shut my console off. Turned it back on, loaded up BL2 and it told me I had new heads and skins unlocked for having a save from BL1... thats when I knew it happened again... I'm gonna start having nightmares about that message now.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#5VeritasAbIratoPosted 3/14/2013 6:20:59 PM
it's happened to me at least twice.
#6WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:23:36 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
it's happened to me at least twice.

did they fix it for you twice? If they don't fix it for me again, I'm about to take this to the exchange and call it case closed.
---
#7N7Spectre707Posted 3/14/2013 6:29:31 PM
Dude that's awful.

This is really disheartening. I haven't experienced the glitch yet, but knowing that it can happen totally randomly still scares the poop outta me.

Starting to think they may never actually fix this issue.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#8WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:34:05 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Dude that's awful.

This is really disheartening. I haven't experienced the glitch yet, but knowing that it can happen totally randomly still scares the poop outta me.

Starting to think they may never actually fix this issue.

Yeah, it really is. The Badass ranks made an awesome addition to the game, because even when grinding through stuff you'd rather not do, at least you can take solace in the fact that you're getting badass ranks while doing it. But because of this, a lot of the game just seems pointless and having beaten TVHM on 3 characters now makes me just wanna put it down if I can't get it fixed. Because at least with starting a new character you have all your awesome bonus stats to help you out a bit.

I really hope it never happens to you, my friend. Because trust me, it sucks. Currently waiting for a response from GBX Support, I'll let you know how it turns out. They helped me no problem the first time, but I have a bad feeling about this time.
---
#9Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/14/2013 6:34:09 PM
Sorry to hear this happened at all much less twice. Wish GB could give us a clue if this is at least avoidable if not fixable. I shut down the same way you do, not that it helps obviously.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#10N7Spectre707Posted 3/14/2013 6:39:35 PM
Yeah of it ever did happen to me I would likely deactivate them and just pretend they didn't even exist.

Of course, that would only work for a little while, eventually I would just stop playing because of it.

Gearboxes silence on the issue is what has me really worried though. The game has been out around 6 months now, and this issue persists, despite attempts to get rid of it. I think gearbox is really just stumped as to how to stop it and has likely just given up on it, using shift code compensation as an alternate solution. But we all know, it's not a very good solution.
---
-MiKe345675