Badass rank reset AGAIN?

#11WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:46:15 PM
Pvt-Spoon posted...
Sorry to hear this happened at all much less twice. Wish GB could give us a clue if this is at least avoidable if not fixable. I shut down the same way you do, not that it helps obviously.

Well that does help a bit. And yeah I wish there was something you could do to avoid it.. its like living in fear that a bullet could come through my window and blow my head apart at any time.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#12N7Spectre707Posted 3/14/2013 6:48:31 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...
Sorry to hear this happened at all much less twice. Wish GB could give us a clue if this is at least avoidable if not fixable. I shut down the same way you do, not that it helps obviously.

Well that does help a bit. And yeah I wish there was something you could do to avoid it.. its like living in fear that a bullet could come through my window and blow my head apart at any time.

I'm not trying to freak you out...but that could happen.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#13Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/14/2013 6:57:20 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
Pvt-Spoon posted...

I'm not trying to freak you out...but that could happen.

No joke, it's the wild west out there anymore. Put your Xbox below ground level, wear a helmet and clean underpants just in case they hit you anyway.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#14VeritasAbIratoPosted 3/14/2013 7:12:27 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Dude that's awful.

This is really disheartening. I haven't experienced the glitch yet, but knowing that it can happen totally randomly still scares the poop outta me.

Starting to think they may never actually fix this issue.

Wait I thought the "fix" was just getting ten gold keys, which is so not worththe sheer ridiculousness of it resetting, no I didn't even know getting it fixed was an option, that blows. So no they never fixed it for me.
#15WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:40:19 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...
Dude that's awful.

This is really disheartening. I haven't experienced the glitch yet, but knowing that it can happen totally randomly still scares the poop outta me.

Starting to think they may never actually fix this issue.

Wait I thought the "fix" was just getting ten gold keys, which is so not worththe sheer ridiculousness of it resetting, no I didn't even know getting it fixed was an option, that blows. So no they never fixed it for me.

10 golden couldn't possibly be worth the bonus stats. Especially when you never even get anything good out of the golden chest anyway. And it wouldn't be so bad if it reset all my challenges along with the badass rank, but now just my badass rank is gone and my challenges are still complete, making it impossible to get them all back.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#16demonwithinPosted 3/14/2013 8:40:03 PM
It's a joke that they can't fix this, while the $5 dollar New DLC character* is ahead of schedule.

VAGUELY RELATED TANGENT:

These sort of issues are just an small example on how DLC is helping to make the practice of releasing unfinished games/buggy games with the excuse of patching later an acceptable thing. This being one of the 'worst case' scenarios where either they can't/ will not fix after knowing about it for 5 months.

* I think we all know the new class will be $10, but I'm hoping it will be $5
---
"You think I'm Vicious?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT VICIOUS IS!!!!!!!!" Spike Spiegel
#17N7Spectre707Posted 3/14/2013 10:54:56 PM
demonwithin posted...
It's a joke that they can't fix this, while the $5 dollar New DLC character* is ahead of schedule.

VAGUELY RELATED TANGENT:

These sort of issues are just an small example on how DLC is helping to make the practice of releasing unfinished games/buggy games with the excuse of patching later an acceptable thing. This being one of the 'worst case' scenarios where either they can't/ will not fix after knowing about it for 5 months.

* I think we all know the new class will be $10, but I'm hoping it will be $5

See, I can even accept that games release with glitches. I mean, games are a lot more complicated now than they were in the past, publishers are trying to get things out on a deadline, millions of players are bound to find things a handful of testers missed.

Obviously there are cases that are within reasonable expectations, and then there are truly unfinished games being released to the public. But what I can't accept is a game releasing with significant bugs, and 6 months later the bugs still persist. I can wait a few days for last minute patches, hell I can even bite my lip and wait a few weeks. Half a year? No way. Too much. Too damn much. And it's not like this is a new IP release, new fresh engine in a new console generation. No, this is a same generation sequel. It is just not acceptable.

Rant over.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#18JiminipPosted 3/15/2013 1:23:24 AM
So they fix a 'problem' with broken drop rates almost instantly but this is STILL happening??

This first happened on day of release ffs.

Starting to lose respect for Gearbox.
---
'Even with an IQ of 6000, it's still brown trouser time.'
#19WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:27:39 AM
Jiminip posted...
So they fix a 'problem' with broken drop rates almost instantly but this is STILL happening??

This first happened on day of release ffs.

Starting to lose respect for Gearbox.

Yeah, they sure don't have their priorities set out very straight. And update, my second support request for the same thing is currently processing, and should be put through in about a month!

A month?? We don't have that kind of time! We need to speak to the Earth King now!!

Er... Six to eight weeks, actually!

jkjk. But yeah. its processing. This is certainly taking a lot longer than before. My problem got solved the first time within six hours of having an open request.. and its now been 18.
---
#20RoyisROFLPosted 3/15/2013 9:55:37 AM
I had a similar problem, but GB released that hotfix that fixed it. You just log back into all your characters and their challenges restore your rank.
---
Redarchangel20- "Somebody is into a rather odd fetish. But hey, we all got to get off to something, right?"