How many characters do YOU have?

#1DarthVaedusPosted 3/15/2013 4:24:38 AM
I just wondered how many characters you guys have each? I am new to this game and only have one character which is a melee Zer0. Do you think I should complete the game before starting another character or should I just play characters as I feel like it? Also wondered if it's common for people to have two of the same character but following different builds as I have been thinking about making a Sniper Zer0 as well, or would that be a waste of time and should I just keep re-speccing? I have looked around the interwebz and can't seem to find any advice about this so any advice you guys can give me would be much appreciated!
#2MechOf17thPosted 3/15/2013 4:32:02 AM
I have two zer0's, one is a melee build and the other is a critical build. I have two gaige's, one is a melee build and the other is a shock build. And the others I have one of each.

Honestly, just play how you like. If you want to try other characters go ahead and switch them up. It doesn't do any harm experimenting but to be honest you don't really know what you really want until you've tried the skills they have and to complete a skill tree you need to get to level 30 - 36.
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#33CDEDPosted 3/15/2013 4:40:14 AM

maya, zero and gaige.

i do intend to make a another char when the new class comes out though.
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/15/2013 4:56:45 AM
i have a commando and an assassin at level 50 and a siren at level 30 that im only playing co op.

im planning on starting a new solo character soon, but i want to wait and see the new character looks before i start i think. i he doesnt appeal to me, then ill likely level a zerker

as far as finishing characters goes, its up to you. it is really nice to have at least 1 level 50 to go for top level legendaries, but if you're getting bored and want to try out another character, it isnt too big a deal. you can always try someone else and go back to your original character

having a maxed character means you will have the opportunity to take on raid bosses (and actually stand a chance of beating them), as well as join raids with others.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5Jambi_ManPosted 3/15/2013 5:35:11 AM
I have 2 50 zeros. 2 50 mayas. 2 50 sals. 1 50 axton. 1 50 Gaige. And a bunch of other characters from lv10-40.
When I started playing, I personally enjoyed leveling a character to 50 with one build, that allowed me to feel the flow of the skill points & evaluate the character along the way. Then I'd start a new character with a different build. Of course, I'm also the type of player that enjoys playing through the story 15-20 times.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
GT- JambiMan79
#6MRDINO98Posted 3/15/2013 5:42:51 AM
One of each character plus an extra siren all at 50. One siren is elemental and one is a nurse.
---
GT : Mr Dino1022
#7AlleRacingPosted 3/15/2013 6:36:22 AM

50 Axton
50 Gaige
50 Sal
50 Maya
21 Zer0
10 Sal
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#8DarthVaedus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:42:43 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody!
#9SinisterBladePosted 3/15/2013 6:43:09 AM
1 of each. Lv 50 Zer0, Axton and Maya, 33 Gaige and 13 for Sal. I dont see the merit behind using multiples of the same character, when Re-Specialization is a thing. Some would say BAR, I find it easier to simply prestige them.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#10Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/15/2013 6:47:06 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
1 of each. Lv 50 Zer0, Axton and Maya, 33 Gaige and 13 for Sal. I dont see the merit behind using multiples of the same character, when Re-Specialization is a thing. Some would say BAR, I find it easier to simply prestige them.

i can see both sides. i kinda want to do another axton and go pure explosives for the whole playthrough. i dont really use many explosive weapons on my current character, so it would be very different.

but, i wont do that until i get at least my current siren to 50. also depends on what the new character looks like when we get some details.

ive prestiged my current commando and am really close on my assassin, but the BAR do rank up pretty quickly on a new character running through the story. i guess some people would prefer starting from scratch that way rather than prestiging and grinding again
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!