I'm looking for the Cobra!

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/15/2013 4:03:33 AM
I have my eyes on this rifle, and I want it, and I want it nao! However, I was wondering what the best course of action would be; constantly do Beatdown Bar Brawl runs and kill two birds with one stone, or just run the first part of Beatdown streets? I'm thinking the bar, as I believe that is just full of "burner" type foes. Thoughts?

P.S. My apologies if you casuals thought this was a different request.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#2R0880Posted 3/15/2013 4:15:50 AM
Probably the Bar I'd say, can grab yourself a Kerblaster and Harold too if you need them.
---
Saturday is treat day.
#3The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:18:20 AM
I just ran through the bar and there are few burner type foes in there. I'm thinking it's best to run through the street and murder as many as I can there and then quit the game and reload. I thought there were more burner type enemies in the bar, but there really isn't and it's a shame.
---
#4MRDINO98Posted 3/15/2013 4:24:25 AM
Good luck TC. You re gonna need it.
---
GT : Mr Dino1022
#5The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:28:02 AM
MRDINO98 posted...
Good luck TC. You re gonna need it.

I know... but I feel like I have a higher chance to get the Cobra than I do with the Hide of Terramorphous and the Infinity. I have the Infinity, but the Hide still eludes me. We'll see how it goes.
---
#6MRDINO98Posted 3/15/2013 4:39:12 AM
I was one of the lucky ones to get the Hide to drop way back but the cobra never has. Got one of those randoms that comes in and drops everything, i mean this dude dropped 300+ items from his modded character, so i couldn't resist and i picked up the skookum cobra. Hardly use it as i prefer the seraph one from Sir Hammerlock, forgot the name, with +600% crit damage.
---
GT : Mr Dino1022
#7malcolm913Posted 3/15/2013 5:16:08 AM
Did a quick Beatdown run before work this morning, and a burner dropped a generic blue sniper rifle. When I saw it drop from a distance I thought "its finally over, I can't stop farming this f-ing place", needless to say I was not happy when I picked it up. Fine then universe, I'll keep at it.
---
GT: malcolm913
#8The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:54:43 AM
malcolm913 posted...
Did a quick Beatdown run before work this morning, and a burner dropped a generic blue sniper rifle. When I saw it drop from a distance I thought "its finally over, I can't stop farming this f-ing place", needless to say I was not happy when I picked it up. Fine then universe, I'll keep at it.

Reminds me of the dreaded Photon Drop on Phantasy Star Online. My God, they were the bane of all hope. You'd do run after run after run and then eventually that red box would drop, and your heart would start aflutter; you run towards it, all the while praying to whatever gaming deity there is that it's the legendary weapon or shield you were hunting, and it's a Photon Drop. The worst part is that the Photon Drops were useless if you weren't connected to the internet...

Still, I love Phantasy Star Online. I have spent many fond hours playing that game.
---
#9SinisterBladePosted 3/15/2013 6:01:10 AM
The cobra is far rarer than both of those. The 0.88% chance doesn't work like typical drop rates. This number only applies if the engine causes a burner to drop a sniper rifle, THEN the 0.88 is applied and taken into account by the RNG. Essentially, this means the DR is far lower than 0.88%, and combined with it unique status and single enemy type drop pool, means this weapon is virtually never dropped.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#10The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:12:23 AM
Virtually never dropped is a somewhat pessimistic view on things, hm? Sure, it's rare, but it's a better chance than farming Doc Mercy for the Infinity. There are quite a few burners running amok in Beatdown, and though they have a small chance of dropping a rifle, the chance it still greater of it being the Cobra than Doc Mercy ever dropping the Infinity.
---